Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS ride comfort vs other Panamera models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
GTS ride comfort vs other Panamera models

Seems like quite a few people have switched to the new GTS from other Panamera models. With the default lowered suspension and firmer tuning, I'm curious about how the ride comfort and road noise are compared with the non-GTS models, with or without air suspension.

Anyone who's driven both able to their thoughts?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
aalencar is on a distinguished road
My V6 did not have air suspension. V6 had 20" Turbo II wheels like the current GTS. Comfort and road noise are pretty much the same. I believe the air suspension on the GTS might make up a little bit for the lower firmer tuning. I did not add PDCC to the GTS and already regret not doing so.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
I have a 2010 4S without air suspension, 20 inch wheels, prefer the firmest (sport plus) suspension setting. Rides like a dream and is super comfortable!

Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The gts only rides lower in comfort, other modes are same. I think the key to ride comfort is the key to comfort. That said Id rather have the car higher in comfort mode, like in the PTT because thats what I use in snow etc.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 PM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
Sounds like the ride comfort isn't much compromised. I'll give it a test drive and see, but it's difficult to tell on less familiar roads.

I do notice though even at the standard suspension height, the nose of the car scrapes the road pretty often especially exiting parking lots.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by asfwp
Sounds like the ride comfort isn't much compromised. I'll give it a test drive and see, but it's difficult to tell on less familiar roads.

I do notice though even at the standard suspension height, the nose of the car scrapes the road pretty often especially exiting parking lots.
You can use the 'high' setting in air suspension for parking lots. Makes the car like an SUV .

Ride comfort is superb in comfort mode - much better than my E60 M5 in comfort mode. If you read the reviews, they initially had the same concern about compromised luxury ride given the performance emphasis of the car. They are unanimous on the fact that the 'luxury' aspect of the car is not compromised. Best thing to do is check it out yourself.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:52 AM
jason427 is on a distinguished road
I was wondering the same thing...
GTS looks good
Jason