Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impressions after almost 2 weeks with the Pana

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Impressions after almost 2 weeks with the Pana

First, let me say that this 2011 Panamera 4S is my first Porsche; so, some of what I am about to describe may be intrinsic to Porsches but new to me. My last car was a 2011 BMW 750ix MSport that I enjoyed very much after coming to that from an `08 M6. After driving 3 successive 6 Series cars, I wanted sportiness but also comfort. At the time I also considered the A8 as well as the Panamera. Back then, it came down to the 7, based on a combination of value and price...the new A8 was just arriving at Audi dealers and while it outpaced the 7 in terms of technology, the 7 had greater torque and power and, to me, looked a lot better than the A8. A V8, all-wheel-drive 7 was also considerably less expensive than a similarly equipped Panamera. OK, so now I've moved over from BMW to Porsche. My initial impression of the Pana 4S versus the 750ix is that this Porsche feels a lot quicker and tighter than the BMW sedan. Size-wise, it is smaller in length, width, and height than the 7. The driving feel is much more connected...the 7 didn't float, but it certainly isn't the sports car that the Pana is. The seating in the Pana is lower than that in the 7 and I like the way the Pana seats hold me, but I think the seats in the 7 were much more comfortable...I had the multi-contour seats. The Pana has more variables for ride and handling than the 7...the 7 has "Sport" and "Sport+" settings, but they leave almost no real variables for customizing throttle, transmission, and suspension; also "Sport+" is essentially "Sport" with no traction control. I would sum it up by assessing the 7 as a very powerful luxury executive sedan and the Pana as a very powerful luxury executive sedan than can simultaneously double as a sports car. Features of the 7 that I sort of miss with the Pana are "Comfort Access" (no key needed to open, lock, or start the car), HUD, and "soft close" doors. I think the Pana is much more exciting to look at than the 7 (which itself is an attractive car) and no car I've yet seen comes even close to the fantastic-looking interior of this Porsche. So, even though I really enjoyed the 7, I can also say that it was a great experience from which I've moved on.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Once you start driving a Porsche, no other car seems to compare. I've owned 5 so far and I am going for number 6 next year! As you know, I driving a BMW now, but I am so bored with it! I have owned several of those as well including the M6 cab, but a Porsche offers something extra special, IMO, no other car can! Enjoy your new car!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
cephas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JenK
Once you start driving a Porsche, no other car seems to compare. I've owned 5 so far and I am going for number 6 next year! As you know, I driving a BMW now, but I am so bored with it! I have owned several of those as well including the M6 cab, but a Porsche offers something extra special, IMO, no other car can! Enjoy your new car!
dont ever try the F and L cars

Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Nice you are enjoying your car! I am betting you dont have the 18way sport seats, which in my opinnion top the BMW seats and actually any seat I have had before. Comfort access is also available on Panny. Also, there is more to Sport+ than you are aware, it always keeps the optimal gear no matter what and is lower by 2,5 cm than sport, sport for example adapts to your driving and can even start in 2nd gear etc. You can set the suspension regardless of the mode you are in. BTW its wider than the 7-series.

Last edited by kip; 07-20-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:56 AM
alpas is on a distinguished road
Kip
how do you set the suspension regardless what mode your in?

Old 07-21-2012, 06:05 AM
alpas is on a distinguished road
i didn`t think you could do anything with the suspension in regular sport mode

Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I can set the suspension in Sport+ with the car running in Sport mode.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
If you have air suspension, you can set the suspension separately from the mode by toggling with the suspension button.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:53 AM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
right below the Sport+ (or Sport) button is a button that has a suspension icon (some vertically oriented lines). push that to toggle through Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ suspensions independent of the transmission and throttle setting.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cephas
dont ever try the F and L cars

u mean the fuking & lousy