Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: Noise when turning wheel to the left and steering wheel shudder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
UPDATE: Noise when turning wheel to the left and steering wheel shudder

OK, so FINALLY!!! I took my PTT to a Porsche dealer who knows how to fix these cars. Without name dropping, they are located in Charlotte and did an outstanding job!!!

To give you all little history a little over a year ago and put on brand new summer tires. Bridgestone to be more specific and the car developed a nasty squeal. It would only do when turning left and it didn't matter if the brakes were applied or not. One, it's embarrassing as heck and two a $165k car shouldn't sound like a 1st generation Dodge Dart. My apologies to whomever use to own one of those. Anyway, it sounded to me like a CV joint was going bad. If any of you ever had a car with a bad CV joint then you know the sound I'm talking about.

Long story short, I took the service tech out for a spin. He found similar issues when checking the Panamera database and it had a fix. He had to torque ALL the screws in the front suspension and he removed my steering wheel and lubricated some screws located within it.

Bottom line, problem solved!!! This is after 7, count'em 7 visits to 3 other dealerships over the past 12 months.

I realized a couple of things in this process. One, I'm not crazy! So, don't take no for an answer. Two, I purchased this car for a dealer in Maryland and I never had it serviced there. Which I came to realize that the 2 dealerships in Pittsburgh, the 1 in Greensboro and the 1 in Greenville really could have cared less about helping me out because I didn't buy the car from them. And that's the truth

Old 08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
keith27 will become famous soon enough
Glad it's all better. Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:16 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Is this sound resembling brake squeel?
I thought when turning tightly at low speeds in parking garages that the pccb brakes squeeled, but a few times I think they have now done it regardless of if I brake or not.

Last edited by kip; 09-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.