Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thermal Glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:53 PM
halb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura about
Thermal Glass

For owners with factory thermal glass. Guys take a look at this video and tell me if your car is the same. At 4:00 mins into the video there's a shot of the door assembly area. The set of white doors has much darker tint on the rear door than the front. It's almost as if the front has no tint. Is this what the factory option looks like? Thanks.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by halb
For owners with factory thermal glass. Guys take a look at this video and tell me if your car is the same. At 4:00 mins into the video there's a shot of the door assembly area. The set of white doors has much darker tint on the rear door than the front. It's almost as if the front has no tint. Is this what the factory option looks like? Thanks.

Made in Germany: Porsche in Leipzig 2 - YouTube
mine front and back both seemed to have "tint" to them compared to nothing
but not anywhere near enough that you wouldnt need to tint the windows anyway in Florida

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:53 AM
blacksheep337 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know how thick the thermal glass is?
Im looking at swapping my glass out with the vario plus sky glass which is 7.5 mm thick. I am thinking that I can switch the current gaskets with the thermal glass gaskets so that it will fit.