Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great experience with EVOMSit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Great experience with EVOMSit

FYI, about 3 months ago I bought one of EVOMS units from a fellow member on this board. When I got the unit it wouldn't work on my car and these guys would do a lot of emailing and phone calls back and forth to make sure I was happy. They sent me couple units (harness and modules) without me paying anything in advanced, which I could've ran with them and sold them, BUT they did not care as all they wanted was to stand behind their product.

Nothing worked, and it was because my car is one of the very first 09 production cars, and these units were not too compatible with the very first SIEMENS ECU's.

Then I received an email about some new updated firmware stuff and new harness, which I received with mixed feelings as I knew my car was being picky. I just got the new stuff and it works like a charm, this thing really wakes up your beast!

This was not a NEW unit, BUT nonetheless they stood behind their stuff even after 2nd ownership, and they really went above and beyond to prove their products do work. All this at $0 charge to me, which was even better considering all the work involved.

They will always be 'A OK' in my book after this incident, and I highly recommend this mod, as it is a 10 minutes upgrade you DO feel the difference instantaneously.

Thanks EVOMS, you just made my day!

Last edited by MIA997TTBeast; 08-21-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
FYI, about 3 months ago I bought one of EVOMS units from a fellow member on this board. When I got the unit it wouldn't work on my car and these guys would do a lot of emailing and phone calls back and forth to make sure I was happy. They sent me couple units (harness and modules) without me paying anything in advanced, which I could've ran with them and sold them, BUT they did not care as all they wanted was to stand behind their product.

Nothing worked, and it was because my car is one of the very first 09 production cars, and these units were not too compatible with the very first SIEMENS ECU's.

Then I received an email about some new updated firmware stuff and new harness, which I received with mixed feelings as I knew my car was being picky. I just got the new stuff and it works like a charm, this thing really wakes up your beast!

This was not a NEW unit, BUT nonetheless they stood behind their stuff even after 2nd ownership, and they really went above and beyond to prove their products do work. All this at $0 charge to me, which was even better considering all the work involved.

They will always be 'A OK' in my book after this incident, and I highly recommend this mod, as it is a 10 minutes upgrade you DO feel the difference instantaneously.

good to hear and I may go that way too!

let us know how the car runs and feels now

Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast

good to hear and I may go that way too!

let us know how the car runs and feels now

Old 08-22-2013, 09:09 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
I will put some butt miles and report back, so far I'm VERY impressed, as in at even non-sport mode it feels like it pulls stronger too.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 AM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Is the upgrade easy to reverse and then reinstall? I'm looking for a tune that would ease my anxiety re warranty.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by TheBeav
Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Is the upgrade easy to reverse and then reinstall? I'm looking for a tune that would ease my anxiety re warranty.
The unit takes literally 8 minutes to install and another 8 minutes to remove.

The instructions account for 15 minutes, I guess it's 15 minutes if a beer is stuck in one of your hands and you couldn't get it out.