Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto start stop not always working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 06:17 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by timelinex
Well it stopped working again... Now it looks like my running volts is around 14.2 instead of the 14.4 that I would see earlier.

I hope they don't try to blame this on the battery, which is warrantied. the battery hasn't shown to give any problem like with starting the car.

Seems like its the alternator isn't doing its job of charging the car while driving. I drive it everyday and not just for short trips, so it gets plenty of time.
Mine works 70% of the time and doesn't bother me. Sometimes doesn't work for days because of frequent restarts, plus I always leave the daytime and fogs lights on for safety and use the accessories heavily.

Personally, I would enjoy the car and not worry about it. You can get a trickle charger and plug it into the cig lighter when not in use. That may help some. Or go back to the dealer.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Mine always works 100% even after not using it for weeks.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 AM
COTB is on a distinguished road
Does anybody know if it is possible in disable this feature permanently, so that you don't have to push the button every time you start the car? It used to work in my Cayenne, but doesn't seem to work in my 2014 Panamera GTS.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by COTB
Does anybody know if it is possible in disable this feature permanently, so that you don't have to push the button every time you start the car? It used to work in my Cayenne, but doesn't seem to work in my 2014 Panamera GTS.
If you press the feature's button it should be disabled forever.

Only if you turn it off it will be active.

In my car the default is disabled.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 AM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
If you press the feature's button it should be disabled forever.

Only if you turn it off it will be active.

In my car the default is disabled.
US car retains its memory when you disabled the auto start stop. I don't think the same apply to RoW models from the various posts i've read on other models.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 PM
COTB is on a distinguished road
Thank you both for our replies. Strange. MY default seems to be that auto start/stop is on, i then need to deactivate it when I start the car (push the button, red light on), but then it reverts to the default when I turn of the car.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 PM
timelinex will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by COTB
Thank you both for our replies. Strange. MY default seems to be that auto start/stop is on, i then need to deactivate it when I start the car (push the button, red light on), but then it reverts to the default when I turn of the car.
Go to your dealer and they can program it to whatever you like...

Old 03-13-2019, 02:55 PM
Dietrich Brooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Key Fob Battery - Fixes Auto Start/Stop malfunction

Hi all. Just shedding some light on this issue. So, the key fob responds to the transciever located at the front of the dash. If the fob battery is low, the KESSY system has trouble confirming that the key is in the vehicle. For anti-thieft reasons, the vehicle is not permitted to start with out confirming the hash or passkey code from the RFID chip, in the key fob; thus the engine is not permitted to auto-start after shutdown.

Replace the key fob battery and your issue should be solved, if all other conditions are met to satisfy the auto-start system.

Enjoy 😄

Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
before the warranty running out, you may have them to do a full inspection thoroughly, Porsche charges $199 for full inspection. If you have a great relationship with Service manager at your local Porsche dealer, they may do it for free. My 2014 Cayenne, they did it at close to 50K and found power steering fluid leaking. Warranty ...
2 panamera 2016, i will have them check at end of this year. Any cosmetic issue, that will be under warranty. PDK **** peeling, rubber gasket around my door handle are replaced.