Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove the Audi RS7 ... Now I don't know what to do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EliahP
I think I might have to go test drive the PGTS. I test drove the PTT before ordering it and did not bother asking about the GTS.
I wonder why the GTS gets so much acclaim over the PTT.

If someone cares to elaborate, I would really appreciate it!
I think you need to drive both back to back to understand. To me, driving isn't all about just speed...if it was, the PTT is a no brainer. To me, driving is about the "involvement". The gts is just so much better in that regard. You feel connected to the car, the engine note is superb, the subtle handling differences, etc. while both cars share many same exact parts, sans motor, of course, the gts was so much more visceral.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 AM
GQsOwn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EliahP
I think I might have to go test drive the PGTS. I test drove the PTT before ordering it and did not bother asking about the GTS.
I wonder why the GTS gets so much acclaim over the PTT.

If someone cares to elaborate, I would really appreciate it!
I don't put all my stock in car reviews but it is really hard to test drive a GTS because they are almost always ordered. If you find yourself lucky enough to be in a market where they have the GTS available for test drive then take it and you will see for yourself. Upon startup alone you will be blown away from the exhaust. The car is the best of breeds. It really does everything well. I never find myself saying I need a second car to do this or another car would be better at that. Give the three below videos a watch because I think they do an excellent job explaining why the GTS is the Panamera to have. Plus it is the most exclusive because of the limited production. Typically, in Porsche history they only released a GTS model when the model was ending but the sales for the GTS were so good they have continued to release the GTS.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
Rs7 is a great choice, however ascetically the panamera imo takes the cake and we can always get you more power out of the gts!!

lawerence@undercover

Old 04-29-2014, 05:46 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Only get the Audi if you plan on transporting short people in the back seats...rear head room is very disappointing for anyone who is 5' 10" or taller which is a shame as it's a wonderful car to look at and drive.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:26 AM
b911s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GQsOwn
I test drove the RS7 and honestly the torque was amazing but the overall car package was short of special. Even though on air suspension like the PGTS the two do not equate. The uniqueness, exclusivity, quality, and fun (IMHO) belong to the Panamera. I have '14 PGTS with PDCC and PTV+ and the things the car is capable of performing is nothing short of amazing. The space and functionality in the Panamera is better than in the Audi.

The next few factors I mention may not be something you are concerned with but should be mentioned nonetheless. Now, I am not worried about what people think but it does have some credence that when people see your RS7 to the normal person its just an Audi or at most an A7. Most people do not assume (outside the R8) that there is an Audi that cost above 100k. I point this out because if you are the type who likes to get the latest and greatest car the resale value just doesn't hold as well. The Panamera and the GTS in particular has the highest resale value and their is a reason for that. My good friend has an S7 and even as beautiful as the car is he rarely gets any looks or comments on the car because Audi are so mundane. Now I understand looks is a personal preference and I think the A7/S7/RS7 is the 3rd best looking 4-door coupe and may be car period (excluding super cars of course) it is just not as special as the Panamera. I don't even think in terms of looks it compares to the BMW M6 Grand Coupe.

I say all this to say the RS7 is a great car but the PGTS is an amazing car and you made the right decision. You will know instantly when you drive it. Either way you go you will have a great car.
I agree with everything that was said above and for the same reason went with the PGTS over the RS7. Mine just arrived yesterday and as soon as I got in and drove it home I new I made the right decesion. The RS7 might be faster in a straight line but it doesnt compair in every other category. Like the saying goes, " Porsche, there is no substitute".

Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by b911s
I agree with everything that was said above and for the same reason went with the PGTS over the RS7. Mine just arrived yesterday and as soon as I got in and drove it home I new I made the right decesion. The RS7 might be faster in a straight line but it doesnt compair in every other category. Like the saying goes, " Porsche, there is no substitute".
Agreed.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Lovegts is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gelmachine
Gents - It's a tough decision. I really don't think you can ask anyone because it's so personal. I have a '14 GTS and if you want power, then CLS63, RS7, and M6GC are better options. However, I'm not running 0 to 60 from every stoplight and I just love the drive of the Panny, it's unmatched.
Agree wholeheartedly

Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
I've owned 12 Audis since 1986. My last 6 cars (since 2007) have been Porsches, including my present 991S and 970GTS. So I think I'm pretty unbiased here.

I bought the last '13 P-GTS from my local dealer. It had been my intention to wait for the RS7 (and the E63 awd wagon) but they made me the proverbial "offer I couldn't refuse." With that said -- I have NO regrets. It replaced my previous Panamera 4S and was a significant upgrade in every area. It doesn't have TTS/RS7 power and acceleration, but it certainly is fast enough and is a marvelous car.

It has to be observed that the RS7 has TTS power -- at a GTS price. They obviously pumped $$ into the motor, so they had to save that money somewhere. Although I've crawled all over an RS7 I haven't driven it, so take this with a grain of salt. But I've never had an Audi that approached the refinement and sophistication of a Porsche. I can't help but conclude that the RS7 is the best way to get TTS power for a greatly reduced price. But the rest of the car - handling, steering, suspension, interior -- has to have suffered from the investment in the motor.

Just my $.02.

DMoore
'13 Panamera GTS
'13 991S