Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIAC Upgrade for my 2011 PTT!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 04:28 PM
rastamanPT is on a distinguished road
GIAC Upgrade for my 2011 PTT!!!!

Took the plunge and did the ECU flash from AWE Tuning on my 2011 PTT and I gotta tell you.......It is fricking AMAZING!!!!! I had my doubts but all that has been put to rest. Broke traction in comfort mode man!! I need a track to really open her up to see what she can do. Crazy!!!
Kudos to Tim G and Tim N at Mainline Porsche. Excellent service and the GIAC upgrade does not void the warranty.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:00 PM
sjj31 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rastamanPT
Took the plunge and did the ECU flash from AWE Tuning on my 2011 PTT and I gotta tell you.......It is fricking AMAZING!!!!! I had my doubts but all that has been put to rest. Broke traction in comfort mode man!! I need a track to really open her up to see what she can do. Crazy!!! Kudos to Tim G and Tim N at Mainline Porsche. Excellent service and the GIAC upgrade does not void the warranty.
New to the ptt world got a 2010 that is cpo'ed... Can you give us some details in cost as well as the warranty side ?

Old 11-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by sjj31
New to the ptt world got a 2010 that is cpo'ed... Can you give us some details in cost as well as the warranty side ?
Welcome sjj31. I myself am new as well. Got mine in April of this year. My first question for Mainline Porsche was if the upgrade would void my warranty and they said no. Price tag is 3K plus tax and labor.
Don't get me wrong, the car without any extras is awesome and I had my doubts as to whether the increase in hp/torque would be palpable but believe me when I say it's very palpable.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Just saw your car sjj31. Man your car looks amazing man. Congrats!!!!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:00 AM
sjj31 is on a distinguished road
Just saw your car sjj31. Man your car looks amazing man. Congrats!!!!
What kind of labor is involved? Also are the multiple gaic dealers around the country (I'm in Michigan)

Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
What kind of labor is involved? Also are the multiple gaic dealers around the country (I'm in Michigan)
Shouldn't really be any labor... Just remove your ecu and ship it to your tuner

Old 11-16-2014, 01:24 PM
s4orce666 is on a distinguished road
Took the plunge and did the ECU flash from AWE Tuning on my 2011 PTT and I gotta tell you.......It is fricking AMAZING!!!!! I had my doubts but all that has been put to rest. Broke traction in comfort mode man!! I need a track to really open her up to see what she can do. Crazy!!! Kudos to Tim G and Tim N at Mainline Porsche. Excellent service and the GIAC upgrade does not void the warranty.
Is there still a difference between comfort, sport and sport plus mode? I do drive in comfort mode quite often when I lug my inlaws around and don't necessary want the car on steroids during those occasions.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by s4orce666
Is there still a difference between comfort, sport and sport plus mode? I do drive in comfort mode quite often when I lug my inlaws around and don't necessary want the car on steroids during those occasions.
Well the car is definitely a lot more responsive in comfort mode and there's still a difference among the three modes. I don't think you'll have to worry too much as long as you go easy on the throttle.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:37 PM
PBread is correct if you send the ECU out yourself but I brought my car to the dealer hence the labor. Look at the AWE Tuning website for your nearest dealer.