Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some changes: Rear spoiler & tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:13 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oldguy99
Sorry about that. I see it now. Do you have any more pictures of the spoiler deployed (from different angles)? I'm also considering this but the photos on the internet are limited.

Also, does it require taking off the original spoiler or does it tape or bolt on the original?

Thanks for your help!

Side Profile

Here's a side profile shot of the wing closed and I'll put a close up of it open.

It replaces your original spoiler and is fairly easy to install. It will require drilling of the holes into it but again not a difficult thing to do.

As far as pricing...look on eBay for the most recent pricing.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:24 PM
oldguy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the pictures OEKun1. I'm really digging that spoiler. You've mentioned that when it is deployed, it blocks the rear view? How much of it is blocked? It probably doesn't matter as I'm thinking of doing it anyways.

Nice wheels by the way!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oldguy99
Thanks for the pictures OEKun1. I'm really digging that spoiler. You've mentioned that when it is deployed, it blocks the rear view? How much of it is blocked? It probably doesn't matter as I'm thinking of doing it anyways.

Nice wheels by the way!
It blocks the rear view pretty significantly but honestly using my side mirrors has gotten me around that issue...besides the car looks great sitting down Thanks...I love the wheels as well and the overall look of the car.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:28 AM
ArneR is an unknown quantity at this point
In sport + the spoiler raises even higher and blocks ALL the view ;-) But i love it, and it really make the profile of the car much nicer.

Nice ride OEkun1.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by ArneR
In sport + the spoiler raises even higher and blocks ALL the view ;-) But i love it, and it really make the profile of the car much nicer.

Nice ride OEkun1.
Thank you sir!

Old 09-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Agreed, beautiful ride.

Wish I had this option for my GTS. When the spoiler deploys it splits and spreads and unfortunately these spoilers wont work on mine.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Yes sir.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Pm sent

Old 09-17-2017, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Just A GTS
Agreed, beautiful ride.

Wish I had this option for my GTS. When the spoiler deploys it splits and spreads and unfortunately these spoilers wont work on mine.
Thank you sir! I'm actually a bit envious of the GTS option, but felt that backend of the Panamera looked like it needed something and this was the best option IMO

Originally Posted by Evil Sports
Is this an option on my 2014 4S
It should be, although I would think that the styling may be different.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:15 AM
Hi OEkun1 and ArneR -

I just got my spoiler from Yachant2011 on Ebay which i believe is the same company that makes both of your spoilers. Quality of it looks really good. Unfortunately, the fitment is not so great. Did you guys have to do any additional work to it to have it installed (besides drilling the holes on the front side tabs?) Those tabs doesn't seems to butt up against the screw holes. Also, the middle section doesn't seem to seat flush like the two ends. Also, did you guys get new clips and screws or somehow reused the stock clips and screws?

I really don't want to take my car to a body shop if this is something I can do myself. Please help if you guys have seen these problems during your installs.

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Mine was identical. You just have to be a little tough and push it down on the middle so the spoiler go flush with the spoiler insert. Then drill the holes. I just used all original clips and screws. I did it alone, but two person would be good. One pushing it down,and the other making the holes. Good luck.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by ArneR
Mine was identical. You just have to be a little tough and push it down on the middle so the spoiler go flush with the spoiler insert. Then drill the holes. I just used all original clips and screws. I did it alone, but two person would be good. One pushing it down,and the other making the holes. Good luck.
ArneR, thanks for the reply. It sounds like the carbon fiber spoiler will flex a bit right? I was worried that I might break the mechanism of the spoiler or crack the carbon fiber with too much force. Did you remove the entire spoiler mechanism first or just did everything while it is attached to the car?

Also, how did you get the clips to fit? The tabs on the carbon fiber spoiler seems to be quite a bit thicker than the stock spoiler.

Hope I can get it turn out as nice as your.....

Old 10-02-2017, 12:42 AM
Thanks to ArneR, I was finally able to put the spoiler on. Following ArneR's advise, I stopped being a little girl and just used some force on the spoiler. The tabs on the spoiler was a little too thick for the stock U-clip so I had to sand it down a bit. After that it was smooth sailing. The entire install took only about a hour (+ a day of being a p***y)

Old 10-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Evil Sports
Im on the fence here. It looks great and think it would pop on my white 14 4S but I feel like it removes some of the class of the car having the fixed spoiler. OG99 how about some more pics
ES, I know what you mean. I was on the fence too until I saw the photos posted by OEkun1 and ArneR. I guess the question is what kind of look are you going for. There are definitely more subtle aftermarket spoilers out there. For me, I've always felt that there's something missing in the 1st Gen Panameras. This spoiler helps fill out the back side and give the car a little bit more aggressive look. What sold it for me was the fact that I get to keep the functionality of the stock spoiler, keep all my emblems where they are and fairly easy to convert back to stock if I ever wanted to.

Personally, I feel that when the spoiler is deployed, it sits a little too high but it doesn't bother me too much. That's personal preference, some people like it and some don't. My spoiler doesn't come up very often anyways because i'm always sitting in LA traffic.

Here are some more photos. Hope this helps.

Spoiler down-

Spoiler up-

Old 10-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Looks awesome oldguy99. That spoiler really suits the car well. Totally change the profile of the car. Without it, there is something missing on the rear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.