Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire of choice (feedback requested)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:50 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Tire of choice (feedback requested)

Well its time to put new tires (and likely wheels) on the Panamera and for some reason can't find any threads/feedback on tires of choice.

I currently have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the Panamera which still have some life left, but its time to consider replacing them. I'm torn between summer performance tires and all seasons.

If I go with summer tires, I'll likely get dedicated snow tires, even though I don't drive the car in the snow.

Options are currently:

Pilot Super Sports: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...0&rd=20&cs=255

or

Kumho Ecstas
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ndard%20Brakes

What are most folks running?

Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I found some information that puts me back in the Super Sports...but still very much interested in any feedback

Old 05-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
I had literally the same question last week and was very very tempted by the Kumhos. Theprice was $500 less than the Michelins and as my Michelins had lasted only 17,000 miles, I figured I might as well try it.

Finding a Tire Rack installation place was a bit cumbersome and when Discount Tire matched the price with Nitto Invos I went for those (less than $1000 with tax installed, PGTS 20")
Picked them up today, drove about 20miles, quieter than the Michelins, will need a bit of time to tell about breaking and handling. Give me a week

Old 05-03-2017, 05:41 AM
AMGTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm running Pirelli P-Zero on mine. They have about 15k miles on them according to the paper work I found in the glove box. Still have decent tread left and ride good.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170325_180317.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	475603  
Old 05-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Jafetica888
I had literally the same question last week and was very very tempted by the Kumhos. Theprice was $500 less than the Michelins and as my Michelins had lasted only 17,000 miles, I figured I might as well try it.

Finding a Tire Rack installation place was a bit cumbersome and when Discount Tire matched the price with Nitto Invos I went for those (less than $1000 with tax installed, PGTS 20")
Picked them up today, drove about 20miles, quieter than the Michelins, will need a bit of time to tell about breaking and handling. Give me a week
Exactly! I hadn't considered the Nittos, I'll check the ratings on that...I find tire feedback to be very important especially from folks that drive on them.

Originally Posted by AMGTHIS
I'm running Pirelli P-Zero on mine. They have about 15k miles on them according to the paper work I found in the glove box. Still have decent tread left and ride good.
Thanks for this, I've seen some unflattering feedback on the Pirelli's in general on this forum. I probably should just let sleeping dogs lie and go with the Pilot Sports...but I'll wait and see...but not too long

Old 05-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point
Put Pirelli Centurado P7s All Weather on Panamera Turbo after original P Zeros. Have slightly more than 30K miles on these tires and still do not need replacing. Have been super pleased with them.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:53 PM
echristie is on a distinguished road
I also have Pirelli Centurado P7s on my "S" and have had great luck with them. Good all around tire for OEM ...

Old 05-03-2017, 06:43 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
I just joined to do some advance research since my wife has told me that a Panamera will be her next car, and the first thread I read is this one.

I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 on my Lexus LS460. I have about 5000 miles on them and I am pleased with them. I tend to drive just as fast on wet roads as I do on dry, and these tires do an excellent job at siping away the water.

In March I got a set of the brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires for my Ferrari 612. These are Michelin's replacement for the Pilot Super Sports. I already put over 4300 miles on them as we drove to Florida for the FCA annual meet in Daytona Beach, and continued on to Key West.

I had the Pirelli P Zeros prior to this and so far I can feel a real difference in handling and traction on wet roads. We drove through some heavy rain on the interstate and I had no sense of hydroplaning. Supposedly these should also last longer, but time will tell.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by echristie
I also have Pirelli Centurado P7s on my "S" and have had great luck with them. Good all around tire for OEM ...
Good feedback, I'll put them on the short list

Originally Posted by knowspin
I just joined to do some advance research since my wife has told me that a Panamera will be her next car, and the first thread I read is this one.

I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 on my Lexus LS460. I have about 5000 miles on them and I am pleased with them. I tend to drive just as fast on wet roads as I do on dry, and these tires do an excellent job at siping away the water.

In March I got a set of the brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires for my Ferrari 612. These are Michelin's replacement for the Pilot Super Sports. I already put over 4300 miles on them as we drove to Florida for the FCA annual meet in Daytona Beach, and continued on to Key West.

I had the Pirelli P Zeros prior to this and so far I can feel a real difference in handling and traction on wet roads. We drove through some heavy rain on the interstate and I had no sense of hydroplaning. Supposedly these should also last longer, but time will tell.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your feedback! Congrats in advance for the Panamera you will purchase

Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by OEkun1
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your feedback! Congrats in advance for the Panamera you will purchase

Thanks for the welcome. Although I'm not sure how soon the Panamera will come. For one thing she hasn't even driven one yet, and last fall I put several thousand into repairs and new snow tires for her current car and I want my money's worth!

Old 05-05-2017, 12:02 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
My original set of tires were Pirelli PZero (summer) and a dedicated winter set with Michelin PA3 tires. The Pirellis tires were noisier towards their end of life. Currently, I have the Michelin Super Sport (summer). Michelin Sport 4S is the replacement for Michelin Super Sport, but not yet available in sizes for the Panamera(?). I personally prefer Michelin tires for overall performance. Rotating the tires left/right helps to minimize road noise (tread block wear) as the tire wears.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by knowspin
Thanks for the welcome. Although I'm not sure how soon the Panamera will come. For one thing she hasn't even driven one yet, and last fall I put several thousand into repairs and new snow tires for her current car and I want my money's worth!
It seems you believe you have a choice or a say in this?
Either you have your wife well under control or a very optimistic outlook on life.
Both is making me a tat jealous ...☺

Old 05-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Either you have your wife well under control or a very optimistic outlook on life.

No, I don't have a choice, and no she is not under my control.

The only thing is she can flit around about cars. Sometime back she said she liked the Jag XF, but dropped that. Then she liked the Audi A7, and that fell away. She still likes the Tesla S, but she is too paranoid about running out of juice. My wife will panic if her gas gauge even approaches half full.

However, I think she is fully onboard with the Panamera. Unless something drastically changes when she drives it, I think that's the car she wants. Frankly, I'm all for it. I've never owned a Porsche. I did drive a Panamera last year and really liked it, the styling, the handling, everything.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:38 AM

BTW, I happen to be in Vegas with some friends...

Old 05-07-2017, 12:35 PM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
If you are buying new, then order the large fuel tank if it is still offered

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.