Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to run wire for rear facing dashcam

Old 05-15-2017, 08:35 AM
vanbellebart is an unknown quantity at this point
How to run wire for rear facing dashcam

Having installed a Blackvue dashcam and wanting to install the rear facing camera on the rear windshield, I faced the issue of getting the wiring neatly to the hatch,

I have gained access to the driver side rear panel, and can get the wire from the grommet to the window section (see pics), but have not been able to fish the wire from the panel to the grommet.

Any clues to offer?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	trunksidepanel.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	476338   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunkcablefeed.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	476339  
Old 05-17-2017, 05:53 AM
rmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura about
Usually you can compress the rubber (or at least straighten it out). Then, take a metal coat hanger and puncture the rubber from one end to the other. Tape the wires to the coat hanger and pull the rest of the way.

Be very careful you don't slice up the wires currently running through the boot.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:18 AM
rmjjensen, thanks for the reply. However, my issue is getting the wire to the boot in the first place. I have not been able to find a path from the side panel to the roof section. As in, from photo 1 to photo 2.

Any ideas?

Old 05-19-2017, 02:09 PM
rmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura about
Coat hanger yet again? Straighten the metal coat hanger out so you have a long rigid piece. Put it through the small hole the grommet is coming out of and start pushing over towards the area.

This time, you'll want to put some tape over the end real good and make it somewhat blunt so it doesn't short anything out and/or scratch up the paint underneath as you're pushing it.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:29 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I have this https://pearlauto.com/rearvision its awesome and no cables to deal with.

Hope this help.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Ended up drilling a hole in the roof section to get the wire to run from the C-pillar to the area close to the flexhose connecting the body to the trunk lid. Very happy with the results.

I can post pics for interested.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:46 PM
9917S is an unknown quantity at this point
Please post pictures, thank you

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.