Tire pressure. - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Tire pressure.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:34 PM

Garry M. Paxinos is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire pressure.

Greetings all,

I purchased a 2013 Panamera Platinum Edition last summer and just needed to get new tires for the front (after about 13k miles). When I drove out of the dealership (car is under cpo now and I'm still taking it to the dealer) I noticed on the TPM some rather high tire pressure. I questioned the dealer and they said it was what they recommend - but the pressure would seem to cause the tires to wear out significantly quicker than normal. I then called Michelin to get their recommendations. It was lower but still higher than what Porsche recommends.

I have the 20" Turbo II wheels and put Pilot Super Sports back on it to match the rear tires.

The pressure recommendations were -

Dealership - 39 front, 42 back (tpm shows 42/47 when tires are hot)
Michelin - 32 front, 37 back.
Porsche manual - 33 front and back.

I do seem to get noticeably better MPG with the higher pressure. ( I have an "Automatic" adapter plugged into the OBD-II port so I keep track...)

What do other people set their pressure to?

Also, do you rotate your tires (left/right)? I've heard various recommendations - either no way, or once at half life.

Btw, I live in South Florida. And this is my second Porsche - had a '86 944 Turbo for about 15 years. And a Benz E class for about 15 years in between that and the Panamera. Really happy to back in a Porsche. And Loving the Panamera. :-)

Thanks
Pax.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:50 PM

OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Pax-

I'm at 37 at each corner, and have seen them rise to about 39 as well. I've tried to keep them even since I have a 4S, you didn't say if yours was a 4/4S.

-Kunle
Old 05-20-2017, 07:18 AM

Garry M. Paxinos is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the recommendation!

Sadly it is a Base (Platinun Edition). But I do get great gas mileage (up to 33mpg on the highway if I can keep it at 70) and it is a bit faster than my old E430.