Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One quart of oil in 175 miles?!

Old 07-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Grant Langston is an unknown quantity at this point
One quart of oil in 175 miles?!

Hi

I had my 2013 Panamera serviced four days ago. The 30,000 mile service. Since then I've driven 175 miles. The last 65 were today at about 80 mph. Somewhat aggressively but on the freeway. When I arrive at my destination I get the minimum oil warning. So here are my questions. 1) is it possible for my car to burn a quart of oil in this limited mileage? My normal consumption is a quart every 2,000 miles. 2) could the indicator be faulty? I would love a dip stick right now. 3) there's always a chance the service shop didn't top it off but that sounds like an amazing mistake for a Porsche shop to make. Thoughts? 4) since I need to drive the car 65 miles back home should I assume the warning is correct and dump another quart of oil in? Or be to worried that I might be over filling the oil reserve because the sensor is faulty? Thanks for your help?

Old 07-04-2017, 11:28 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Call dealer. Ask them what they want you to do before bringing it back Never heard of using a quart in 175 miles. Probably not filled correctly. Maybe the sensor.
1 qt low driving to the dealer shouldn t hurt anything IMO.
Dealer probably won t admit anything and change the sensor LOL.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:39 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
I would drive home without adding just to do a reality check. Minimum is still acceptable. Also, did you check it again before restarting after it had set for a while?

Old 07-05-2017, 03:48 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
The dealer had underfilled my car several times. One case case caused all kinds of dash warnings. It was low two plus quarts. Their response was only a concern for a leak. Another time I checked it after driving 30 miles after an oil change and found it just above the add line. If you go in for an oil change needing a quart, when you get it home you will need two. The last couple of times it was done properly.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:26 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
riden, did the dealer charge you for eight quarts? ;>)

Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Grant Langston is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me close the loop here. I put in quarter quart and sure enough the virtual dipstick measured one quarter higher. No leak. No problem with the sensor. The shop left it a quart low. When you get a $1,000 oil change you expect better. I'll call them tomorrow and tell them I won't be coming back.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:58 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by orangeokie
riden, did the dealer charge you for eight quarts? ;>)
Charged me for 9 in all instances. The worst part was when they told me to check for leaks and I said there were none. There was no compensation.

They have improved considerably as of late so they must been losing business.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.