Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Panamera window anomaly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 02:23 PM
joenew61 is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 Panamera window anomaly

I took delivery of a 2018 Panamera 4 a few weeks ago, and have been pretty happy with the purchase so far. There is one anomaly that I wanted to see if others had the same experience.

The front passenger window doesn't retract all the way down, either with the automatic one touch open, or opening it "manually" holding the button down. The back one third of the window remains a full 5/8" above the opening - i.e. it does not retract flush with the door.

The driver's side remains around 1/8" but can be nudged down almost flush.

Both rear windows retract fully.

The dealer told me that the other stock Panameras all exhibit the same general behavior, but to lesser degrees.

I can't believe that this would be designed or engineered this way, but I wanted to see if I could get a sample of others before I decided what to do next.

Thanks!

Old 10-21-2017, 06:47 PM
PanameraD is an unknown quantity at this point
I can’t believe this. I never noticed that. Mine does the same. Just looked. I have another question. When u come to complete stop and transmission shifts from 2 gear to 1 do you hear clinching noise?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by PanameraD
I can’t believe this. I never noticed that. Mine does the same. Just looked. I have another question. When u come to complete stop and transmission shifts from 2 gear to 1 do you hear clinching noise?
Sorry to call attention to that for you, but thanks for weighing in. I seem to recall that clunking noise on occasion, but never really pinned it down to a specific gear shift. I'll be driving it tomorrow, and will let you know what I hear.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:54 PM
PanameraD is an unknown quantity at this point
Panamera

Originally Posted by joenew61
Sorry to call attention to that for you, but thanks for weighing in. I seem to recall that clunking noise on occasion, but never really pinned it down to a specific gear shift. I'll be driving it tomorrow, and will let you know what I hear.
Please let me know how it goes tomorrow. Dealership also replaced my steering wheel, it had squeaky sounds. Also both of my front seats had squeaky sound. They fixed that

Old 10-23-2017, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by PanameraD
Please let me know how it goes tomorrow. Dealership also replaced my steering wheel, it had squeaky sounds. Also both of my front seats had squeaky sound. They fixed that

I put around 100 miles on the car yesterday, a lot of it local, and here is where I ended up with your question about "clinching".

The only consistent sound/reaction I noticed when coming to a stop was the engine going into shutoff mode, which it seemed to do even before the car came to a complete stop. Have you tried driving in sport mode to see what happens.

That being said, I would say 1 out of 5 times or so, depending on the rate of deceleration and braking, I did "feel" the transmission downshift into first gear, with a very faint dull click. I am coming out of a CVT, so I don't have a frame of reference as to whether that is normal or not.

I did not have any issues with the front seats.

Hope that helps.

I had another question - there are two 1.5 inch clear plastic inserts on the middle of the lip of the hatchback - i.e. where it seals with the trunk. They look like lights, but they never come on. Any idea what those are?

For others that have 2017/2018 model year Panamera, do your windows retract fully? I'd love to have either affirmative or negative confirmation.

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.