Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM DVD audio issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:41 PM
GratefulMed will become famous soon enough
PCM DVD audio issue

Bought a "new" 2016 S e-hybrid from a dealer. Untitled and essentially undriven (38 miles). Have had it for 6 weeks and am getting to know it's idiosycracies. The Bose sound system is heavily dependent on source material - muddy and uninspiring with satellite radio and bluetooth; tolerable with USB iPhone connection of high bitrate audio files but less so with streaming mid bitrate sources such as Spotify. With high res audio, however, sound is quite good - DVD audio and DTS disks are really enjoyable. However, I have noticed a recurring issue when playing DVD audio disks through the PCM. While they take a while to load and do play, the indexing seems flaky. Very often, it skips to the next song in the middle of a given song. Starting the song over sometimes corrects the issue for that song as does reinserting the disk, but the next song is just as likely to skip. It's unrelated to jarring bumps in the road and seems randomly placed in given songs. Any ideas?

Old 01-25-2018, 10:10 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I've never played a CD or DVD in my Panny in my 2 years of ownership...guess I should try it, but I'm either on Satellite or streaming. Sorry no insight to add.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:32 AM
hammyton is on a distinguished road
I actually have the same issue with DVD-audio discs, at first I thought it was an issue with my discs but after trying multiple ones the same thing happens randomly (usually around 10-12 minutes into the track). I am taking mine in for service soon and seeing if they can fix it....