Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Akebono make all Porsche-branded brake pads for Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Mofongo is on a distinguished road
Does Akebono make all Porsche-branded brake pads for Panamera?

I will be replacing my '13 GTS's front brakes in a few months. All the retailer photos and DIY videos I've seen online show the Porsche-branded brake pads having the Akebono label on them. I would happily buy Akebonos if they sold them without the P-label, but I cannot find them.

My only complaint about my current pads are that they can squeak sometimes at light pressure and low speed, usually around town when the weather is colder. My dealer says this is due to residue forming on the pads and rotors that can be burned off by enthusiastic braking. This does work, but probably has shortened the lifetime of my pads. The pads are the originals, but I haven't opened up the calipers to see the manufacturer.

Has anyone seen Porsche pads that are not Akebono? Just curious.

I could get Textars, and I'm sure they would perform just fine, but I worry that they would be even more prone to squeal, since in my experience Akebonos are extremely quite.

The Suncoast price on P-pads is not bad, so I'm pondering just getting another OE set but saving $$$ with Zimmerman rotors.

EDIT: Again based on photos on the interwebs, it seems like Textar makes the rear pads. So I would amend my question to whether anyone has seen non-Akebonos for the front and non-Textars for the rears.

Last edited by Mofongo; 02-07-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: New info