Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to lift Panamera front off the ground without a lift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 12:23 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
How to lift Panamera front off the ground without a lift

I planned to do my shock swap, and wanted to do it with two bottle jacks, but found out that even if I put something under them, they do not have enough range to flift both from wheels off the ground.
So now, i need ideas for how I can lift front of my car off the ground, without using a lift.
I have 2 bottle jacks and a floor jack.
Wonder if there is a place under the car that I can stick the floor jack under to lift entire front. Need to lift the front so that I can relieve pressure off the sway bar (lifting only one side would create pressure there).

So if you have ideas, let me know. Thank you for help in advance.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:07 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Bit the bullet. Bought another floor jack. Now have two, one for each side. Freak. Wasted entire weekend, cannot do this now for several days. Damn.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:16 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry I missed this, but the floor jacks and jack stands is the right way to do it. Maintain safety and get the job done.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:11 PM
Yup. Two jacks did it for me.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:45 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ciaka
Yup. Two jacks did it for me.
Can you stack a block of wood 2 or 3 of 4x6 underneath of the lift point? That would give you a 8 or 12" lift.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Yup. Already had blocks made for Cayenne, and reused them for the PTT.
All good to go here. Thanks.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
I don't do a lot of wrenching but for brakes and suspension stuff I will typical drive them up on higher end ramps made for low cars, then jack the working side up with a heavy duty jack at the proper areas. I then use a second small jack to move and manipulate components of the control arms and such as needed while leave the main jack in place. I'm not as familiar yet with the Panamera, and don't know the pit falls of jacking up with air ride, so when the time comes I will have to research that further. I'm assuming there is a service setting like my Audi had to disable automatic level and other things that can get screwing jacking up the car. Low profile ramps are worth purchasing. I also typically will put ramps reversed behind the non working wheels as a safety measure.