Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Air Suspension System Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 02:19 PM
Tigress is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing write up, Thank you for taking the time to do this. Truly comes in handy for the lot of us!

Old 06-20-2019, 10:08 PM
DatoRazip is an unknown quantity at this point
My car Panamera TurboS 2012, everytime when the car parked overnight, the front left and right level dropped after 4-5 hours off engine , however after i started the engine and wait for 3-4 mins, the level will raised back to the normal level. i can drive the car as normal. do you think i need to change my front air shock.

Thanks

Old 06-20-2019, 10:40 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Almost positive yes, you will have to change.
If you let this unfixed for while, your compressor will burn out too, and will add another 800 plus kabor to your cost. Spray top if front shocks as says in article, guarantee you will see bubbles.
Let me know what you see.

Originally Posted by DatoRazip
My car Panamera TurboS 2012, everytime when the car parked overnight, the front left and right level dropped after 4-5 hours off engine , however after i started the engine and wait for 3-4 mins, the level will raised back to the normal level. i can drive the car as normal. do you think i need to change my front air shock.

Thanks

Old 06-21-2019, 03:47 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
this is thousands $ job, and bad news. Ciaka, you are GREAT, buddy. If anyone has this issue and lives nearby TX, this person needs to see Dr. Ciaka. LOL ...

Old 06-21-2019, 06:55 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Really, if I can do this, anyone else can too. All you have to do is overcome fear of not knowing. Arm yourself with service manual (I got one from ebay for 20 bucks - real oem manual), scan tool (I have durametric).
Third tool is accounts on auto forums, where you can search for issues and solutions.
With these three tools, I can find out what fault is causing issue, dig into manual to find out how to remedy. Remember, majority of issues these days will result in replacing a part. Days of repairing parts on cars are behind us.
Except tires I guess, when you have to plug one.
So if you are not sure if you can do this, ask yourself 'why can't I do this, others do it, what makes me different that I cannot'?
Patience and preparation ahead of a job is key. Know what issue you have, find how it is fixed, use manual to find out the fix procedure, and spend the time to do it.
I guarantee you will have success like those guys who would love to charge you $250/hour, to do a job you can do for a fraction of the time.

If the OP posts up with results of the soap spray test, yes, repair is somewhat pricey, but if you do yourself, you will save thousands, on this job alone. I posted DIYs for his job too, so study it, and you will be confident to do as well.
Also study the info thread on air suspension, where I explain how the system works, info I got from the oem manual and dealer & indy mechanics, who work on Panameras every day.
I look forward to hearing what his issues are. From his description, both front shocks will need replacement before compressor goes out too.

Originally Posted by dougcayenne
this is thousands $ job, and bad news. Ciaka, you are GREAT, buddy. If anyone has this issue and lives nearby TX, this person needs to see Dr. Ciaka. LOL ...

Old 09-09-2019, 01:57 PM
beefyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Going through this same issue right now on my '11 PTT

Thank you for all of your incredible write ups!!!

One additional issue I have is a leak at the valve body, does anyone have info on refilling the system (of course nitrogen)? Presumably taking all lines off the valve block will drain the whole system.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:36 PM
To refill system:
- disconnect the air line from front passenger shock
- acquire special coupling for air line
- use e tefnal nitro tank
- use piwis 2 system to open valves to allow nitro to fliw into the air tank through valve body.

It us not difficult but you have to get the coupling (easy, and about 40 bucks), nitro tank (easy, about 120 at a welding shop), then you have to have access to piwis2, which will control valves to allow refill (thats the tricky part).
If you dont know folks who have one, only recourse is indy shop with one, or dealer. Dealer will charge 170 - 200 to do this. Asked.
BUT, fear not. Read my thread about air suspension info, and find out that panamera air suspension is mot a fully closed system, means nitro will get out over time (air gets vented out thr valve body, through filtered exit port to outside of car).

Originally Posted by beefyj
Going through this same issue right now on my '11 PTT

Thank you for all of your incredible write ups!!!

One additional issue I have is a leak at the valve body, does anyone have info on refilling the system (of course nitrogen)? Presumably taking all lines off the valve block will drain the whole system.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:49 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
In a humid state that gets stupid cold in the winter he might really want to start off with dry nitrogen, if there is very much moister in the line it could condense and then freeze.........

I would think it should be fairly easy to make a manual control box to by pass the onboard computer and control the valves to allow this to be done at home

Old 09-10-2019, 08:49 AM
Mazurda is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ciaka
To refill system:
- use piwis 2 system to open valves to allow nitro to fliw into the air tank through valve body.

It us not difficult but you have to get the coupling (easy, and about 40 bucks), nitro tank (easy, about 120 at a welding shop), then you have to have access to piwis2, which will control valves to allow refill (thats the tricky part).
If you dont know folks who have one, only recourse is indy shop with one, or dealer. Dealer will charge 170 - 200 to do this. Asked.
BUT, fear not. Read my thread about air suspension info, and find out that panamera air suspension is mot a fully closed system, means nitro will get out over time (air gets vented out thr valve body, through filtered exit port to outside of car).

Does this refill need to be done if just replacing struts?

Old 09-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Dealer would fill with nitrogen (extra 170 bucks). Once they fill it, over time the nitro will come out due to system not fully sealed (vents out of system when releasing pressure).
So over time, nitro in the system will get out.

I am sure some handy man can manually install a purge valve at the bottom of the air tank, so that every once in a while, he can just drain the bottom of the tank and keep it dry. That is just my view.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 PM
KnottyMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Ciaka - thanks so much for posting all this! My buddy and I used his tools to replace front air strut this past weekend on my 2011 with 50K miles using your guide. Bad news, now the other side is sinking overnight but no air bubbles at top of the shock. The new one is sinking a little but overnight too. I’m wondering if the valve block is leaking, we’ll spray soapy water and test tomorrow. In the meantime, can I ask which valve block you ordered to replace, and is it working well? Seems like RMT has the Continental but quite a bit more pricey than a lot of the other 100 ones out there.

Thanks again and curious to hear about which valve block!

Old 10-07-2019, 11:07 PM
I bought one off Ebay for about 110 bucks I think. Worked just fine. I thought it was continental. I think most will work ok.
Spray connectors on new shock too. And valve block and compressor and air tank. If no leaks, then shock may be leaking internally but you can't spray that to see.
Observe shock. Should take about 4 seconds to raise suspension. Slower means air leaking somewhere. Most likely, shocks.
I haven't had rmt issues, but heard from other sources that shock they got leaked.
If you exhaust other options only one left is shock leaks.

Post up your progress. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Replaced nearly everything in the system and still have one active code:

291 / 123
Pressure sensor RA, chamber 1, open circuit ground

Any thoughts?!? Help!

To refill system:

Old 10-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Check electrical connections to each shock. Sometimes they don't get seated all the way.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the advice! Found the right front strut connection to not be fully seated.

The previous code cleared, now a new one.

“pressure sensor RA, chamber 1, supply voltage not calibrated”

Check electrical connections to each shock. Sometimes they don't get seated all the way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Air Suspension System Info