Oil Drain Plug Size...Change to Fumoto Valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 12:56 PM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Old 12-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Capt. Obvious is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay guys just finished changing the oil and have some bad news. It doesn't fit. The drain plug sits in a recessed area of the pan. I can thread the stem in part way then the valve body hits the pan and the stem is not fully seated. There is an extension you can use but then the underbody cover won't fit. If you don't use the extension it would fit with little room to spare.

One pointer- use eye protection when taking down the underbody cover. A lot of small rocks, pebbles and dirt came down with it and luckily didn't get any in my eyes.

Does anyone have a trick to get at the oil filter? Looked everywhere and I think I finally found it when peaking under the engine cover. It's sitting right in the middle on top of the engine under the engine cover. The problem is you can't get the engine cover off because there is the large sway bar (I think that's what it is) going right over it preventing you from taking it off to gain access. Looked everywhere else but couldn't find it. Took the side covers off the engine also. Was going to take that sway bar off but don't know the torque specs and didn't know if I was going to get into some kind situation I couldn't get out of without towing it to the dealer. There has to be an easier way, or am I just a dumbass?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:38 AM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
Bummer, but thanks for the information. Regarding the oil filter, i believe there is a cross brace underneath the car that you have to remove. Have a look at the youtube video for panamera oil change, it is shown in that video...

Old 12-03-2018, 09:06 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Yes, these diags solutions will do, except none support 2018 Panamera yet (so far they only support 970). It is possible to reset reminders/service, but you will have to see if it works.
Once you buy a cable like this, it will be mated to your car. If you buy pro model, you can put it on unlimited cars but will cost you $$$$.
Cheaper models will let you hook up one or maybe 3, depending on model and vendor. So this is one reason not many try on different vehicles.
Good luck though and post up if you do try, to let others know what you find out works.

Originally Posted by DogWood
He's probably thinking of Durametric, there is also iCarSoft and Schwben - I have no idea if any of those support the newer cars yet....

Old 12-03-2018, 09:09 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I posted in your other thread you need a oil filter housing wrench 36mm low profile.
Like this one Like this one

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
Okay guys just finished changing the oil and have some bad news. It doesn't fit. The drain plug sits in a recessed area of the pan. I can thread the stem in part way then the valve body hits the pan and the stem is not fully seated. There is an extension you can use but then the underbody cover won't fit. If you don't use the extension it would fit with little room to spare.

One pointer- use eye protection when taking down the underbody cover. A lot of small rocks, pebbles and dirt came down with it and luckily didn't get any in my eyes.

Does anyone have a trick to get at the oil filter? Looked everywhere and I think I finally found it when peaking under the engine cover. It's sitting right in the middle on top of the engine under the engine cover. The problem is you can't get the engine cover off because there is the large sway bar (I think that's what it is) going right over it preventing you from taking it off to gain access. Looked everywhere else but couldn't find it. Took the side covers off the engine also. Was going to take that sway bar off but don't know the torque specs and didn't know if I was going to get into some kind situation I couldn't get out of without towing it to the dealer. There has to be an easier way, or am I just a dumbass?

Old 12-03-2018, 09:09 PM
I did look at the valve too for oil change. Had doubts about fit due to the fit of lower shield. Thank you for confirming.