Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a '13 4S with 38K miles to Replace an LS460 L

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 09:52 AM
shaymasdaddy06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering a '13 4S with 38K miles to Replace an LS460 L

Hello Panny fans.....I need your help. I'm considering replacing my wife's '13 Lexus LS460 L with a '13 4S in her favorite color blue. It has 38K miles and has new brakes all around, new tires, and does not have the air suspension. Am I missing on the use of the air suspension or is a blessing not to have it based on the some of the experiences I've read about on this site? And of course, it is out of warranty so should I go for some pre-paid maintenance for 2 - 3 years or an after market warranty or neither? I plan to do a second test drive tomorrow before I make my final decision. Please advise.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:13 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
if the car is for your wife, chances are the air suspension will be no big loss in her mind and will save you the potential headaches of the system. my decision was to buy an extended warranty for 3 years that included even wear and tear items. i do have the turbo and the air suspension, so more to go wrong on my car, but i still think it provides peace of mind on a car that potentially can be very expensive to repair. some people bet they won't reach the value of the warranty, but that's the risk you take. for me, the price of my warranty was worth knowing everything will be covered.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Thanks C4Sbeebe for the feedback on the warranty. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:32 PM
I decided to pass on the Panny 4S. Because it was at a non Porsche dealer, I would have to find an after market warranty. And I've read in some cases you have to pay more than the deductible to cover the repair costs. I'm going to wait until I find a Porsche-certified Panny next year. My wife is not in a hurry so I'm not either😁.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:39 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
where are you located? I m turning in a 2015 Pana 4 with 39K this week, off lease.