Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Panamera fuel filler door & hinge replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 08:45 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Post DIY: Panamera fuel filler door, door lock actuator, or filler hinge replacement

This is not with actual pictures, but this is the process. Instead of hook tool, you can use one of those small metal paint can opener hook tools, will work same way for you.
Hope it helps.

PRELIMINARY WORK:

REPLACING FLAP AND HINGE:

Last edited by ciaka; 12-15-2020 at 03:26 PM. Reason: clarifying purpose of diy
Old 12-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Big_Tex is an unknown quantity at this point
Some photos I took when I did mine last year. To start, here's the slot to get the cover off.

Poking the release slots. This got easier as I went along - fairly terrifying as you are destroying the piece. But simple in the end.

Using a hook tool to remove the cap tether and then the whole cover. Took some effort but the whole part pops off.

What it looks like removed. Note I did not remove the sliding pin mechanism first, as suggested in the procedure. It took some fiddling to get the new cover back in place, probably should have done that. Just lazy.

Popped new cover back in place. Only difference I saw was the green color for the cap holder. Has worked just fine now. Happy DIY.

One final note - the problem was as simple as the plastic hinge parts central pin had just slid down and partially out. Bad engineering.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:30 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Not quite sure I understand, if the hinge is loose, how does this procedure fix the hinge?

Old 12-18-2018, 10:06 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Some filler door hinges break. Replacement with flap is about 160 or so. Broken hinge has to ge replaced. If your hinge is not broken but bolt is loosenrd up, you dont gave to replace, but uh nfortunatelt you qont know if its broken ir just loose, until you remove it for inspection.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:03 AM
Big_Tex is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ciaka
If your hinge is not broken but bolt is loosenrd up, you dont gave to replace, but uh nfortunatelt you qont know if its broken ir just loose, until you remove it for inspection.
^^^ this! I bought a new piece and had it ready to go, but it turned out I could have repaired the hinge. Too late, plus I had buggered up the old one getting it out (still functional but scraped up).

The hinge is not accessible without removing the whole unit.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:26 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Boy ... My 2016 4s gas flap door hinge was broken tonigh when i filled the gas @ Costco. Yes "the problem was as simple as the plastic hinge parts central pin had just slid down and partially out. Bad engineering ..." I was able to close the flap door. This is 2nd time. 1st time was under warranty years ago. Can you tell what the part # for flap if you remember?

Many Thanks.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:56 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
https://www.harperautoparts.com/oem-...BoChHkQAvD_BwE

Fuel Pocket - Porsche (970-504-194-10)

2014-2016 Porsche Panamera
I found the part #. Yes, I probably bring it to the body shop I know and ask them to replace it for me.

Thanks.