Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got bushings done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:19 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Finally got bushings done

So I was hoping to tackle the upper/lower control arm bushings, front brake rotor replacement, and PDK flush myself, but as it’s winter and the Cayman has the garage, plug the fact the clunking was driving me insane, I was given a deal from the Lamborghini dealer here (who is a client). They would do the bushings and replace the upper control arms and through in the rotors/pads change for free (I already had the rotors/pads/sensors/bolts.

So I took them up on this and told them to do the PDK fluid change at the same time.

Learned that the bolts for the cross-brace need to be changed each time (like the caliper bolts), so I thought, get it all done.

OMG! I cannot believe how well it rides now(like it is supposed to), what a difference. The other wow is the PDK is completely different now, shifts are fast and smooth, and no jerkiness, huge improvement (only 50k miles)

Super pleased I got this done, but also missed doing it myself, but honestly I could not handle the ride anymore. Interestingly, they told me the drivers upper control arm had been replaced at some point because it looked new (I told them to put in the new one anyway). They also said the sway bushings were fine so they just re-greased them and buttoned them up.

I have all the old parts and I’ll post pictures when I get a chance.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Very cool, in for pictures as I'm around the same mileage...actually a bit more.