6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   -12 Panamera PDK issues (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/429589-12-panamera-pdk-issues.html)

krs15 03-12-2019 07:32 PM

-12 Panamera PDK issues

Hey all! Long time reader, first time poster :D

So something weird happened to my Panamera over night.
I haven't had any tranny problems what so ever before. Though today when I was going out. It just did not want to drive.
When I move the shifter I feel it engaging the gears, and it kind of rocks when I go from D to R and let off the brakes. If I put it in R, it will reverse an inch or so. Same when I put it in D. But it's not like I can jerk it forward. It's pretty much stuck where it's parked, if you understand what I mean.
I tried putting it in N and push it. But it won't roll either. Almost like it engages the gears, but is always stuck in park.

The strange thing is that I drove it and parked it fine yesterday. No noise, no jerking, nothing weird at all...
E brake was off. Turned it on and off several times as well. Still nothing.

Checked under the vehicle for any leaks of trans fluid, but did not see anything. Though I'm in FL so it could have dried up...

Anyone have any clue as to what it could be?? One of my folding mirrors went nuts yesterday going out of alignment by itself. But then fixed itself after I manually moved the mirror a couple of times. Can it be the ECU acting up or is it the PDK??

Thanks for now!!

Deezflip 03-12-2019 08:54 PM

How's your battery? I'm hearing that strange things happens with this car when the battery starts to go bad. Just doesn't have that proper oopmh from the battery causing all types of electrical issues, including the PDK.

skiracer13 03-12-2019 09:03 PM

what year Panny and how many miles? 2012?

krs15 03-12-2019 09:05 PM

Thanks for the reply! Interesting theory indeed
It's reading steady at around 14.2 volts. Never any problems starting it up. Though lately lights and screens have dimmed down a bit while the starter motor is cranking

krs15 03-12-2019 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by skiracer13 (Post 4771195)
what year Panny and how many miles? 2012?

2012. 70k miles on it

krs15 03-14-2019 10:54 AM

Update.
So I had a Porsche mechanic come to check the car out.
He connected the reader, but did not get any error codes for the PDK system.
He told me he suspects the clutches are worn out, but won't know for sure until they take it to the shop and takes it apart. That's all he said...
From what I've read. The PDK clutches does not wear out easily. And I only have 70k miles on it!! I also have the base 3.6 without Chrono, so I can't even launch control.
This is my daily driver so I'm not driving it hard or punish it even a little.
What do you guys think about his opinion??
And as I said in my OP. I have never felt any jerking between gears or clutch slipping before.... Sigh...

Deezflip 03-14-2019 11:14 AM

I'm fairly new with this car and had for only a few months, just trying to make sense of it.

But do do you have ParkAssist? I noticed mine when i'm parking it in the garage where it's very close to objects and the wall, it would feel like it would slip, hesitant to advance forward, and beeping like crazy, unless i really give it some more gas...and then it would jolt forward all of sudden. I could've sworn the side mirrors moved also, thinking it wants me to see objects on the ground or something.

Have them check that maybe, and still...the battery. Even if you're still getting 14.2 volts. Also another thing to try is the PDK reset procedure. Apparently it learns your driving habits...kinda creepy-stalker-like way. hilarious . ...and another, you're about due for transmission fluid change I believe.

krs15 03-14-2019 11:20 AM

Thanks for the reply bud!
I'm not parked close to anything. But will try to disable the parkassist just in case.
How do you do the PDK reset procedure??

Having a battery guy coming over to check it out in a few hours.
At this point I'm willing to try anything before taking it to the shop and pay thousands just to do work that possibly might won't be the cause.
Like I said... Never any slipping or strange shifting behavior... Tranny fluid might be a cause as well. But shouldn't I felt something?? The whole "worked fine on day, then not on the next" thing is mind boggling

Deezflip 03-14-2019 11:30 AM

Yeah good luck, i'm curious to know what it may be. Keep us posted.

Also, on the left battery terminal should be numbers stamped on the post. First number is the year, and the second number is the week of that year.

Here you go...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...procedure.html

DogWood 03-14-2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by krs15 (Post 4771486)
Update.
So I had a Porsche mechanic come to check the car out.
He connected the reader, but did not get any error codes for the PDK system.
He told me he suspects the clutches are worn out, but won't know for sure until they take it to the shop and takes it apart. That's all he said...
From what I've read. The PDK clutches does not wear out easily. And I only have 70k miles on it!! I also have the base 3.6 without Chrono, so I can't even launch control.
This is my daily driver so I'm not driving it hard or punish it even a little.
What do you guys think about his opinion??
And as I said in my OP. I have never felt any jerking between gears or clutch slipping before.... Sigh...

are you primarily driving int the city? i.e. lots of stop and go? it technically is a manual trans controlled be a computer, so lots of stop and go would probably put more wear and tear on it than a couple of launches.... or frequent highway miles.

krs15 03-14-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by DogWood (Post 4771559)
are you primarily driving int the city? i.e. lots of stop and go? it technically is a manual trans controlled be a computer, so lots of stop and go would probably put more wear and tear on it than a couple of launches.... or frequent highway miles.

Yeah I do a bit of both

krs15 03-14-2019 06:12 PM

Tried turning off the parkassist. Tried the PDK reset. Battery guy put in a new battery. Still nothing.
Hopefully I'll get it to the shop tomorrow...

stealthn 03-14-2019 06:28 PM

Put a trickle charger on it overnight. It does sound like the ebrake is on, even though it’s not lit. I would also try the PDK reset procedure (search this forum for it) to make sure it’s not the PDK.

another option is to disconnect the battery for a while, you will lose all, your settings but there are so many sensors and computers sometimes they just need a “reboot”

Good luck

krs15 03-14-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by stealthn (Post 4771583)
Put a trickle charger on it overnight. It does sound like the ebrake is on, even though it’s not lit. I would also try the PDK reset procedure (search this forum for it) to make sure it’s not the PDK.

another option is to disconnect the battery for a while, you will lose all, your settings but there are so many sensors and computers sometimes they just need a “reboot”

Good luck

Did the PDK reset.
E brake engages and disengages perfectly. The car won’t move. Even if pushed. Just wags back and forth.
The battery guy drained the electrical system. Still nothing.

Perfect description of the issue is: Stuck in park. While being able to engage gears

stealthn 03-14-2019 07:21 PM

Get it towed to a dealer and flush the PDK fluids, or do it yourself.

i was shocked at how many issues went away with just changing my fluid