Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: PDK Transmission Reset Procedure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Post DIY: PDK Transmission Reset Procedure

If you buy your car pre owned, or if it went into limp mode, or you just think you have some quirks in it, one way to diagnose or pd if you have issues, is to try reset the PDK itself.
The car learns driver habits over time. After a few years, a new owner may have different driving style, and this reset will help the new owner get car into factory condition, so it can learn new owner habits and hopefully be a better experience for the new driver.
Below pic is from Porsche, and gives 4 steps on how to reset PDK to factory mode.
Good luck. Hope it helps someone here.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:54 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Awesome ! You keep on serving the goodies !

Old 11-07-2018, 11:50 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
That's GREAT I will reset my wife PANAMERA this weekend.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 AM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
I will try it. Just doing those steps would seem to have nothing to do with the PDK, I cant be the only one thinking that Lol

Old 11-08-2018, 08:26 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
It is very likely a specific process, designed in by engineers, which would have to be followed very specifically.
Even in computer design, some actions are designed in to do resets, same in silicon design and consumer devices.
Undocumented features and functions.

Came from Porsche, I do not think they are trying to deceive their customers.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Not doubting the process, just pointing out a layman would tend to wonder how that process could possibly affect the transmission of a car

Old 11-08-2018, 02:54 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
7 minutes are the key. engine running 3 min for AC off, 3 min AC on. engine off, 1 wait and start engine. It is very clever. I will update this weekend after I reset the PDK.
Thank You Ciaka for this procedure. I always wonder about PDK reset.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Look forward to your update. Im traveling for the next week and wont be able to implement.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Those crazy Germans, that’s the strangest Easter egg yet.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:22 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Ok did it, no pomp and circumstance, nothing...

my other question is why the reverse shifting on the console? “Up” should be toward you, not the other way around

Last edited by stealthn; 11-10-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:10 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stealthn
Ok did it, no pomp and circumstance, nothing...
my other question is why the reverse shifting on the console? “Up” should be toward you, not the other way around
I agree, confusing, find that I have to look at the lever or dash display to be sure I don't crash.. wonder if this is an industry standard?

Old 11-11-2018, 11:11 PM
i reset PDK today , and drove it to SF for dinner. I could not tell the difference, my pan is 2016. I am very sure it will be noticeable if i do a combination of PDK fluid and reset together.
That is my update.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Doug was there any visual or audio indication you completed the process

Last edited by Bobby Buggs; 11-14-2018 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:30 PM
None !!! I go by the clock timer religiously. Hope I do it right. In 2020, I plan to have Porsche FJ Dealer to do the PDK service, $700. They will perform the PDK reset from their computer. My Durametric can't reset PDK.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Turbotod is an unknown quantity at this point
I performed the PDK reset a week ago using the steps described above. The whole thing obviously took less than 10 minutes. I noticed a huge improvement, it did what it was supposed to do. I don't have near the clutch slip as before, and it gets into gear from a stop much quicker. This is one of the single best things I have done to my Panamera Turbo, and it was free! I was as skeptical as the others here, but it really works. My car has the key FOB, so I didn't bother to remove the key as described in the steps. There was no "tone" or indication that something had been performed. I wish all the fixes were this easy. I see that dougcayenne didn't see much results, possibly he wasn't experiencing much slip to begin with. You may want to try it again. I had asked my Porsche service rep about doing a PDK reset, he said it would "drive rough" for the first 500-700 miles and didn't recommend it. Makes you wonder...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY: PDK Transmission Reset Procedure