Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple car play radio upgrade?? 2010 Panamera 4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 10:40 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I looked up ISUDAR and their website has a contact us: Email: Kimi@isudar.com (sales)
I would email them and see if you can buy just the Ribbons if you are pretty sure that is the problem. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2022, 05:05 AM
GemCity970_4S is on a distinguished road
Thank you @LGARCIA

Old 07-08-2022, 01:31 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
How is the sound quality after such upgrade ??
I have one feedback that with Burmester sound went worst with latest one PCB upgrade

Old 07-08-2022, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by negb
How is the sound quality after such upgrade ??
I have one feedback that with Burmester sound went worst with latest one PCB upgrade

Great question, I have the same fear. In reality bluetooth overall is not great even with a high end signal. At the end of the day a quality CD will sound superior to anything inside a vehicle. If you find a CD like (mobile fidelity) for example, they cut those files off of the original master tapes so they are less "stepped on" they sound a bit bright but in a good way.

Old 07-08-2022, 09:12 AM
The Joyeauto unit is the one I installed and it made the Bose system sound better. It has a much better EQ with preset and custom settings with more ability to fine-tune exactly how you want the highs and lows.
The bigger advantage I find to this install is for one the look since it makes the car catch up in technology, looks less dated, mine is a 2015. The other advantages are using the Maps, Siri for text messaging, Apple music and such. Pics right after the install, sorry for all that dust...

Old 07-08-2022, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
The Joyeauto unit is the one I installed and it made the Bose system sound better. It has a much better EQ with preset and custom settings with more ability to fine-tune exactly how you want the highs and lows.
here I see You've got PCB and Multimedia Video Interface box. first time see such setup.

Old 07-08-2022, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by GemCity970_4S
Great question, I have the same fear. In reality bluetooth overall is not great even with a high end signal. At the end of the day a quality CD will sound superior to anything inside a vehicle. If you find a CD like (mobile fidelity) for example, they cut those files off of the original master tapes so they are less "stepped on" they sound a bit bright but in a good way.
My main target is to be able to wach *.mp4 videos from USB stick, bluetooth is not needed.
Second target to run Waze when I need.
That's it.
P.S> just received this PCB, will try to install in upcoming weeks, just somehow forgot to order vents removing tool when was ordering PCB .... Now need to fabricate something..

Old 07-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Negb - The Joyeauto unit comes with a USB port I think you can see it peeking on my first pic, it has a rubber cover on it. You could connect the phone or the USB Stick and not use Bluetooth.
The USB port has enough length to place it in many places down the center console, I chose to leave it hidden sticking out of where the small dash panel meets the AC air vent. BTW a tool like the one in the pic to remove the AC vent will serve you well, taking out the first vent took me like 45 minutes because I was not pulling hard enough. You have to pull it at an angle away from the middle/center and down some, the second vent took like 3 min. Good luck with your install!

Old 08-12-2022, 12:01 AM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Hi guys! Any of you had experience running Android Auto on this JOYEAUTO box. I know Carplay works excellently but how about Android Auto? How is it? Any issues? Is it wireless or a cable is necessary?

Planning on doing this very soon. There are 2 choices or versions as per my research: the JOYEAUTO with the box and another China brand without any box at all - just the circuit board and the ribbons. Which do you guys recommend?

Old 08-26-2022, 06:22 AM
Panamera4s! is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi i've install on my 2012 4s carplay and it's work very fine. I've buying ISUDAR model without external box AMAZON
Here the TUTO on my french website

Last edited by Panamera4s!; 08-26-2022 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:31 PM
It works well with Android, I had my nephew drive and use his Android phone with the Joyeauto and it works fine, wireless too.

Last edited by LGARCIA; 09-15-2022 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:20 AM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys!

So I guess the recommended type is the JOYEAUTO with the box...right?

Old 09-15-2022, 04:30 AM
I'm going to try again this time with JoyEAUTO so looks like I'm out my initial $200 (thanks to an impulsive AliExpress purchase of the ISADR version)

Old 09-15-2022, 02:28 PM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
Hi,
I've been using the JoyeAuto interface with much success for more than 2 years. It's been pretty much reliable.
I'm an Android user (Google Pixel) and there is really only one bug that bugs me : the dark theme for maps is not remembered. There are few tricks you need to learn to get the most of it in terms of convenience or sound quality but once settled, it just works. The quality of cable is key. I don't use the wireless connexion as it's too much battery gazzler.
I would recommend Joyeauto external box over the Usidar "half baked" internal card. The latest seems preety unstable and I read lots of early breakdowns or even DOA.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Yes all PCM functions remain active and work as it did before adding the Apple CarPlay/Android interface. The CarPlay works in AUX mode, so all other functionality remains as it was prior to the install.
Finally I have installed mine, and..... no Android, everything works as before, I don't hear any reduction in sound quality but Android is not starting. I presume that this issue is definitely not wiring problem, so got stuck with troubleshooting ......just a feeling of waste of time and some cash ....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Apple car play radio upgrade?? 2010 Panamera 4s