Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Compressor help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 12:24 PM
moonracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension Compressor help

I am replacing my suspension compress, all of it when great but there is a plastic elbow that connects the compressor to a rubber hose. That connector was very brittle and snapped, does anyone know this part number or the name of the elbow to get it replaced. Or if you have any alternative parts to replace it with? what does that rubber line do i cannot find it on the Porsche parts diagrams.

what is this

Old 03-23-2022, 07:29 AM
sac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud of
Is the rubber hose you refer to maybe the intake for the compressor (Porsche calls it the "suction line")?

I'm thinking it's likely the elbow is considered a component part of the compressor, hence why it's not on the parts diagram.

If so, your options for sourcing one may be limited unless you feel like buying a new compressor just to get a $0.10 plastic part.

You may be looking at trying to find (ebay, rennlist WTB post?) a non-functional compressor that still has that elbow, or DIY-ing something.

If you do the DIY thing - and if it is in fact the intake - it doesn't hold pressure so it doesn't need to be strong, just strong enough to hold the hose/filter onto the compressor. Some epoxy and a vacuum line fitting from the local autoparts store is what I'm imagining.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:48 AM
So this is actually my second replacement compressor the first was OEM but i took that back for the lifetime warranty fcpeuro. Neither had that elbow with it.

I do think it is the suction line, and have been trying all the elbows i can find in stores but they dont seem to fit just right. I was wondering how secure it had to be for it to function. The porsche parts guys gave me part number 97035811304, and said that elbow only comes with the line and it connects to the accumulator which did not seem correct. I ordered it just in case.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:28 AM
sac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud ofsac02 has much to be proud of
Hmm, the suction line is just a hose with a filter on one end, that connects to the compressor inlet.

What does the hose in question look like - flimsy vacuum line, or a more robust hose that has to withstand pressure? I admit I have not seen this line in person, and I'm just using what seems to be "engineering common sense" here, but I'm assuming that the intake line will be flexy vacuum line and the pressure lines (which I have seen) are the hard lines with threaded fittings.

But it is slightly confusing/worrying that the parts guy mentioned the pressure line, that is the compressor output to the accumulator. The PN that he gave you is a pressure line between compressor/accumulator. AFAIK, all these pressure-bearing lines are secured with threaded fittings and use more robust hard lines.

If it is the suction line:

The most it could physically ever be subject to is atmospheric pressure (14.7psi) due to perfect vacuum. Considering the compressor intake is not a high power vacuum pump, and the hose is open via a filter on one end, the most that fitting will ever see is a couple psi.

It won't see any positive (i.e. much higher, potentially hundreds of psi) pressure. pressure lines are more robust and use threaded fitting for this reason.

Also if it is the suction line:

IMO it wouldn't matter much if it didn't fit perfect, a small leak at the fitting will just mean that that a small bit of the compressor intake air is unfiltered (the majority will still be filtered). Considering that the compressor *shouldn't* have to take in external air very often if the system is functioning normally, it would be pretty unlikely that this would make any actual difference in real-world usage.

(And if you know from buying compressors that the fitting is not included with them, then yeah it probably comes on the suction line, good idea there to just order one).

Old 03-23-2022, 08:40 AM
its is a rubber hose but, its much thicker than regular vacuum lines, i marked it in the picture of one i could find

Old 03-23-2022, 09:12 AM

I grabbed the above image from an aftermarket parts website, it would seem to indicate that you are indeed looking at the intake/suction line. (and my assumption of a flimsy vacuum line was wrong.)

My understanding prior to seeing that image, is that there would be 3 total connections at the compressor:
1. inlet
2. pressure line between compressor and accumulator
3. pressure line between compressor and valve block (rest of system)

That is consistent with what I see in the image I grabbed - I can't tell 100% but I think I see the same in your image?
1. inlet (plastic elbow/rubber soft line/hose clamp)
2. pressure line to accumulator ("R" reservoir ?) (black hard line, threaded fitting?)
3. pressure line to valve block ("P" pressure ?) (blue hard line threaded fitting?)

FWIW, the PN that the parts guy gave you is #2 in my numbering above.

The PN for the suction line is 970.358.271, and might be the part that may have the fitting on it?

Old 03-23-2022, 09:26 AM
when i look up your part number it shows me the same part in the picture when i enter the number they gave me? which is 17 in the picture. I did order it to see what actually arrives, but it will be almost a week.

wh

Old 03-23-2022, 09:49 AM
Oh wow, something is wonky.

I'm looking at the Porsche Panamera G1 parts catalogue, downloaded from Porsche website.

In my diagram, your #5 (#12 in my diagram on page 760, first attachment) is "suction line", PN 970.358.271

In my diagram, your #17 (#1 in my diagram on page 764, second attachment) is "line", PN 970.358.113

huh...

Old 03-23-2022, 09:53 AM
Is it possible you are speaking 971 and I'm speaking 970?

But I thought this system was common between the two anyway, so it wouldn't matter?

Old 03-23-2022, 11:24 AM
Nope I am doing 970, they had me provide my vin to get the correct part listing which makes it very odd.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:29 AM
so i got the part in from the diagram and its not the correct part, its a hardline so one of the regular vacuum lines. I am gonna return it this weekend and hope I get a guy that can figure it out.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:03 AM
You can use the official Porsche genuine parts catalogue pdf. It's more work but less prone to system/database/website errors.

I assume there was a part number sticker on the line or the bag it was in, I'm curious how was it labeled?

"suction line", PN 970.358.271
or

"line", PN 970.358.113

Old 04-13-2022, 10:51 AM
so here is the weird part, my part number was 970358271 and it was wrong, i took it in and spent about an hour with the entire parts team.

the manager arrived and within a few min found this part number 97035827103, for some reason with the 2 extra digits at the end it gives me the correct part, its the suction line as the other part was named, but it has the connector on the top and bottom.
its 60.00bucks and i only need the connector which is glued on so i will cut about a inch off the line and add a connection piece and join the two.

Old 04-14-2022, 02:35 AM
Turbovolt is on a distinguished road
The connector I think is not detailed, but I think you can find something that looks like it, or buy the complete pipe with the filter.

Old 04-14-2022, 06:42 AM
yup thats it i ordered one