Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

North America gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 PM
TurboDragon will become famous soon enoughTurboDragon will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
I missed this thread earlier this year somehow, but I was already planning a Yellowstone trip for next summer anyway! I'm definitely in for the trip!
Excellent, Make sure to sign up on the google doc. I will send over the hotels and other details.

Cheers

Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
TurboDragon will become famous soon enoughTurboDragon will become famous soon enough
I wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year. Look forward to seeing some of you in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Hopefully we will have a great event.

or those who have filled out the Google doc, you should have gotten an email with the hotels rates. Additionally there is a link to a website to order the stack decals for your car. If you did not get this email please let me know.

A few people have already ordered the decals so there are a few numbers less to pick from. I realized I never said you get to pick your car number if you order the decals.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Just a FYI, For those who signed up on the Google form, I sent a email a while back with a webpage on how to order decals. I have updated the page with a desired car number field. No Promises yo will get that number so please have a few choices. You can do all numbers ( 00-99 ) or letter and number ( A0 )

Please email VS PM as I am not on some of these forums very often. norcal.drivers@gmail.com

Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 PM
A reminder to those who have received the hotel info to call in sooner than later. We have currently 77 cars signed up. Not to shabby.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
I sent an email to those who sided up with details on some rental car options. If you did not get this email please check spam as I used the Mail Chimp service to make the email pretty and easier for me to send the details of the event.

As this is a Euro car road trip I looked into what Euro cars were available. I was able to get rates on some BMW’s and Mercedes for those who want to do the trip but not in their car. The cost is about $100 a day which normally is between $125-$165.

I was also able to get leads on a few Porsche's for rent but you would have to go to LA and drive with the people coming from there. For the whole week would be about $2400.

There are some Mercedes SUV’s I was able to have for rent for those who want to fly and meet us on the way.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
looks like I might be coming home from Afghanistan early so I signed up for more info on the google doc. This looks like a blast so if I'm back in the states and get some leave approved count me in!

I may take the e30 vert instead of the porsche though...long drives in racing buckets get cramped.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Well if you are back then we would love to have you join us.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Just a update to remember to reserve your room if you are thinking of going. You can always cancel 72 hours before check in. So if you plan on going make sure to at least hold your room. Details on room rates were mailed to those that signed up on the Google doc.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM
For those who are somewhat interested in going, make sure to reserve your room sooner than later. If you have not received the email with hotel information please email or pm me.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Just a bump to make sure people know about it as well as are paying attention.

Cheers

Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
week bump for event

Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Just a bump and a update that we crossed the 108 person mark for information request to attend. Not to shabby.

If you signed up and have not gotten the info, please email me directly. norcal.drivers@gmail.com

Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM
We are 76 days away from the event, wow time fly's

For those who are thinking of going, make sure to book your rooms sooner than later.

There are BMW and Mercedes rental cars available for those who do not want to drive their car. Email me for details on rooms and car rentals.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:54 PM
For kicks I took the time to map out all the people that requested info. This is the caravan routes according to Google for the fastest route there based on ZIPs provided.

If everyone that requested info is able to attend, that will make for a truly continental event. Alaska is winning for furthest traveled as you can see.

If you have questions or have not gotten the last email update, please email direct - norcal.drivers@gmail.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yellowstone-NA-Map.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	231297  
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM
kpl
kpl is on a distinguished road
had someone ask me if this was open to non-euro sports/muscle cars like most eurosunday events, or do you want to keep this only european?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: North America gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013