Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Gumball 3000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:11 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Gumball 3000

The Gumball 3000 is running this year from May 1-8. Part three will be from Salt Lake Utah to LA. Anybody going to "join" them on this stretch? Im sure somebody will catch some good video like the kids in the white Supra shown on a previous thread.

www.gumball3000.com

Old 12-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
I would consider it except for 2 things.

1. Radar is HEAVILY used in Utah. In my experience as much if not more than anywhere in the US. I have been "Alerted" as many as 4 or 5 times in as many hours, several times driving through Utah.

2. It's only 12-13 hours from SLC to LA. Even with a stop in Vegas....that's not much of a drive..........

And looking at the website a few weeks back.....I didn't see where you could just run one leg....is it in there?

Chris Barton

Old 12-22-2005, 09:57 AM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
If they are going through Cali.....Man thats a rough one. I did Gumball in 2002, and the last leg from Vegas to LA was no joke. Almost annoying...there was so many troopers....Helicopters, and cesna planes. It was probably the most expensive part of the Rally...ticket wise..other than Virginia!!!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM
GENERAL LEE is on a distinguished road
How do transport your car to the different sections? Is this included in the entry fee or are you on your own?

Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Originally posted by TwinStepGun
How do transport your car to the different sections? Is this included in the entry fee or are you on your own?
Given the entry fee is $75,000 per car, I'd imagine it is!

Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 PM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
i believe they are using air transport. Maybe an Antonov?

Old 12-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
I spent three years in purgatory (SLC). The traffic sucks and the drivers are neurotic. If I had a supercar, I'd never take it there. Little old ladies in their camries will change lanes across 4 lanes of traffic to get to the offramp and crash into your bright red ferrari because they didn't see it.

The cops are crazy and biased towards mormons. If you're not a mormon, you will not catch an even break with those guys. (my experience living in SLC as a non-mormon.)

The stretch through arizona and into nevada is fun as hell. Everything else is straight and boring.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I already got 1 speeding ticket in SLC this year!