9/11 Stage 2 Shift Sector results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
9/11 Stage 2 Shift Sector results

First of all, in a nutshell, this was a total blast. No matter what you drive, you've got to do it. There's no way I'm not doing this every year as long as I have a car.

Since this was a once-per-year thing, I went a little further than most people go for one event. I did a bit of studying, I called up Sam at ByDesign and put together a safe mod plan. I read the great how-to by Longboarder. And funny enough, it all worked out exactly as everyone said it would. While heat-soak was a slight issue, it wasn't from the intercoolers so much as the rest of the intake tract. It was just not possible, with my skills, to get the IATs below 118 at the start of a run. Even after my whole Leaf Blower engine cooling mad scientist plan. I had a hurricane blowing through the engine bay for an hour, and it didnt change the 118 degree IATs at the start. Fortunately, they didnt rise too high during the runs, with all runs sitting around 120 to start and 160-165 at the end.

What was trickier than I thought was the GoPro setup. Those things arent straight forward to manage, ESPECIALLY with the iPhone app, if you have several. Apparently I should have just hopped out and pressed "record" on the GoPro. The mounts, however, worked great.

I ran...
1. A Camaro drag car
2. A basic bolt-ons GTR
3. A Mercedes Alpha 9 E63 wagon (damn fast)
4. A Huracan
5. A Subaru Forrester (as slow as it sounds)
6. A 997.1 6-speed Turbo S (the class winner) My launch control gave up since the flag girl waited to long to drop her arms
7. A Charger Hellcat (was it supposed to be fast?)
8. An APR Audi RS-7 (with 3 passengers it wasn't as fast as I hoped)
9. The 997.1 class leader again (who gave me a 1/2 second head start and learned that the 991 Turbo launch takes no prisoners)
10. A Challenger SRT (my boss... I gave him a 1-second head start)

My results were almost (other than the launch control time-out) all wins. Nothing beat me to the 1/8 mile all day. There seems to be a big gulf between the normal cars at 125-155 and the purpose built cars at 185+. The 991 Turbo with stage 2 mods and Sunoco GT 260 Plus seems like a unique way to drive to the race, slay, and then drive home with the AC seats and Burmester.

My results:
Best morning run: 160.9 (then a bunch of 159-160)
Best afternoon run: 161.6

Here's the V-box data:

The best two runs aren't in there, but either way, I'll take 10.5@132 as an estimate 1/4. The V-box seems to think the terminal speed is about 1-3 mph less than Shift Sector.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:03 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
#7: funny you say that... typical Chrysler product - thumbs down

Old 09-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Way to go !!! Great results...I run 3 GoPros and use the wifi remote..works much better than the iphone app which I found unreliable..those GoPros are testy at best,,anyways good job !!

Last edited by Nanook; 09-12-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
There's just nothing that can beat these:

Old 09-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nanook
Way to go !!! Great results...I run 2 GoPros and use the wifi remote..works much better than the iphone app which I found unreliable..those GoPros are testy at best,,anyways good job !!
I hear those intercoolers can really help... I wonder what typical Stage 3 IATs are in 75 degree F weather.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
What was your DA ?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:15 PM
JoeD911 has a spectacular aura aboutJoeD911 has a spectacular aura aboutJoeD911 has a spectacular aura about
Great job Chris!

I ran on Saturday and managed a best of 157.563 in my bone stock car.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Visceral
I hear those intercoolers can really help... I wonder what typical Stage 3 IATs are in 75 degree F weather.
You know who can fix you up

Old 09-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Here's the trick

Old 09-12-2016, 06:18 PM
I dont know the exact #, but its 173' above sea level and was a dry 75 degrees.

A UGR Lambo went 245mph before sacrificing itself the next run to the god of fire. (driver escaped unhurt). Seemed like quite a record-setting day.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:20 PM
try this next time..gives you the DA at your location
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/drag...457317263?mt=8

Old 09-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Visceral
I dont know the exact #, but its 173' above sea level and was a dry 75 degrees.

A UGR Lambo went 245mph before sacrificing itself the next run to the god of fire. (driver escaped unhurt). Seemed like quite a record-setting day.
Great runs!

I thought it was a Dallas Performance R8 that caught fire, unless there was another fire?

Old 09-12-2016, 07:06 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Yep. DP likes to set their **** on fire.

UGR was fine. No issues. Just records.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:08 PM
gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeD911
Great job Chris!

I ran on Saturday and managed a best of 157.563 in my bone stock car.
Nice ! Glad to see my .2 Turbo S isn't an anomaly , I just did a 159mph standing 1/2 mile by box last weekend on pump gas on the east coast with a 900 DA. on a no slope run.Crazy the .2 is essentially running Stage 2 race gas .1 numbers on pump .

Old 09-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome job Chris! I heard there were some really fast cars there and it was a good day to run. That's what I love man! Your excitement and what a good time you had! Good for you! The car sounds awesome. Logs look really good. On par with what we expect + or - 1 mph or so. You could get 164/165 with the coolers, IPD and a stage III map.

EDIT...Looks like the .2 stock did 157!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-12-2016 at 08:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 9/11 Stage 2 Shift Sector results