Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

WTB: 19" NB 997 Concave 5-spoke or twin 5-spoke forged wheels - no b

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:40 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
WTB: 19" NB 997 Concave 5-spoke or twin 5-spoke forged wheels - no b

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): SC
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I'm thinking about adding a set of 19" wheels for my NB RUF 997 R-Kompressor.

I'm looking for a 5-spoke, or twin 5-spoke look in a concave format. Must be 19s and DON'T WANT BLACK. Ideal finishes would be polished, machined, brushed, translucent smoked, and might consider a satin bronze too.

Looking for something like this

or similar to these

Ideal sizes would be
Front - 19" x 8.5" with 53mm offset
Rear - 19" x 12" with 68mm offset
or
Rear - 19" x 11.5" with 62mm

but might consider others that are close - nothing in the rear narrower than 11".

Let me know if you guys have anything that might be of interest.

​​​​​​​Thanks.

Last edited by Petza914; 01-20-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:59 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, I think the Forgeline SC1s are my favorite. If someone has a set of those you're looking to move, let me know.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Hre p107

Like the HRE P107s too

Old 01-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Message sent!

Old 01-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Ok, I've spent a couple days looking through all the different wheel manufacturers and have found styles I like from about 10 companies.

So, here are the tech specs on what I'm looking for:

Front
19" x 8.5" with 50-53 mm offset

Rear
19" x 12" with 68-70mm offset
19" x 11.5" with 62-64mm offset
19" x 11" with 56-58mm offset

Monobloc construction, not multi-piece
Center bore - 71.6mm center bore
5x130 bolt pattern and the ball/radius seat (if conical seat is all that's available I can change my Ti lug nuts to this type

The deeper the concavity of the spokes, the better, but need to make sure they'll clear my larger PCCB front calipers.

Finish should be something brilliant like bright silver, polished, polished & brushed, etc

So, here are the wheel brands and style numbers of what I'm looking for if anyone has a set they are thinking of selling or any of the distributors of these companies want to put together an aggressive deal on a new set:
  • BC Forged HB09 or HC052
  • Vossen VPS302 or CG202
  • Forgeline SC1
  • HRE P107
  • Function Forged F5TWO Series 1
  • Morr Wheels VS51
  • Niche Dromo or Roma
  • PUR RS10
  • Strasse SV2
  • Savini SV10M
  • Velos S1
  • Vorsteiner VFN508

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough
Hello,

We can offer you some Avant Garde Ruger 5 in 19" or some TechArt wheels. Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Thank you!

3W Distributing LLC
5140 Rogers Street Ste C
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Facebook: 3wdistributing | Instagram: 3wdistributing
#1 BRABUS Dealer in North America | TECHART Authorized Dealer
Authorized Distributor for: BRABUS, TechArt, StarTech, BBS, Mansory, BREMBO, KW Suspension, H&R, Ohlins, FI Exhaust, and Much More....
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE....
Old 01-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by 3WDistributing
Hello,

We can offer you some Avant Garde Ruger 5 in 19" or some TechArt wheels. Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Thank you!
Thanks, but I looked through the entire collections from probably 75-100 wheel companies and these are the only ones I'm interested in. No styles like these from AG or TechArt. If you google the make and style # from my list you'll see that they're all of a very similar design.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough3WDistributing is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Petza914
Thanks, but I looked through the entire collections from probably 75-100 wheel companies and these are the only ones I'm interested in. No styles like these from AG or TechArt. If you google the make and style # from my list you'll see that they're all of a very similar design.

Hello,

We understand..=) Sending you a PM quote for some PUR wheels...Thank you!

3W Distributing LLC
5140 Rogers Street Ste C
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Facebook: 3wdistributing | Instagram: 3wdistributing
#1 BRABUS Dealer in North America | TECHART Authorized Dealer
Authorized Distributor for: BRABUS, TechArt, StarTech, BBS, Mansory, BREMBO, KW Suspension, H&R, Ohlins, FI Exhaust, and Much More....
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE....
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM
The Forgeline SC1s arrived on Friday and look even better in person than in the photos. The finish I selected is their brushed and cleared. I love the way part of the face is brushed, but they left some of the machined surfaces unpainted and just cleared them to protect the aluminum finish. The way the light plays off the different surfaces and 2 different finishes is awesome.

They're also extremely light - 22 lbs for the front and 23 for the rear

They look so nice, I spent the better part of the weekend doing a wash, claybar, polish, and sealant on the host vehicle - my 2005 997 RUF R-Kompressor.

I'll get them mounted, road force balanced, and installed this week, and hopefully have time for a photo shoot this weekend.

Stay tuned.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Jose911 is infamous around these parts
The Forgeline SC1s arrived on Friday and look even better in person than in the photos. The finish I selected is their brushed and cleared. I love the way part of the face is brushed, but they left some of the machined surfaces unpainted and just cleared them to protect the aluminum finish. The way the light plays off the different surfaces and 2 different finishes is awesome.

They're also extremely light - 22 lbs for the front and 23 for the rear

They look so nice, I spent the better part of the weekend doing a wash, claybar, polish, and sealant on the host vehicle - my 2005 997 RUF R-Kompressor.

I'll get them mounted, road force balanced, and installed this week, and hopefully have time for a photo shoot this weekend.

Stay tuned.
Very nice, what the off sets or did I miss that?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jose911
Very nice, what the off sets or did I miss that?
Jose,

After having 5 sets of wheels on my 2 997s of different widths & offsets, and taking actual measurements with my current GT3 alignment specs with wheels both on & off the car, I've determined that the ideal NB wheel specifications for my taste on my particular car are:

Front - 19" x 8.5" et 50mm with a 235/35
Rear - 19" x 12" et 74mm with a 305/30

so these are the specs I used for this custom wheel order. This puts the wheels flush with the outer lip of the fenders if you extend a line across the face of the wheel and the tires, just tucked up inside. They have some concavity to the spokes (more in the rear), and still provide adequate clearance for the PCCB brakes I run with the larger 6-piston front calipers.

You can go more aggressive with the offset, but in my opinion that's not a good look, as the wheels are actually out beyond the fenders - they tuck in as the suspension compresses due to the camber, but the slammed look with stretched tires, and the rim of the wheel poking out past the tire and past the fender is not a look I'm fond of.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Jose911 is infamous around these parts
Jose,

After having 5 sets of wheels on my 2 997s of different widths & offsets, and taking actual measurements with my current GT3 alignment specs with wheels both on & off the car, I've determined that the ideal NB wheel specifications for my taste on my particular car are:

Front - 19" x 8.5" et 50mm with a 235/35
Rear - 19" x 12" et 74mm with a 305/30

so these are the specs I used for this custom wheel order. This puts the wheels flush with the outer lip of the fenders if you extend a line across the face of the wheel and the tires, just tucked up inside. They have some concavity to the spokes (more in the rear), and still provide adequate clearance for the PCCB brakes I run with the larger 6-piston front calipers.

You can go more aggressive with the offset, but in my opinion that's not a good look, as the wheels are actually out beyond the fenders - they tuck in as the suspension compresses due to the camber, but the slammed look with stretched tires, and the rim of the wheel poking out past the tire and past the fender is not a look I'm fond of.

Petza914,

I am looking for some wheels with an aggressive concavity without tire stretched or poked. I hope you can get some side profile pics I would love to see how your wheels seat on the car.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by Jose911
Petza914,

I am looking for some wheels with an aggressive concavity without tire stretched or poked. I hope you can get some side profile pics I would love to see how your wheels seat on the car.
Definitely will take those shots once I get them installed.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Fitted the wheels to the car today and the offsets fit exactly how I wanted them to look. Front wheels have about 6mm clearance to the large 6-piston PCCB calipers and rears are exactly flush with the fender - not protruding at all. I'm waiting on a second set of center caps that I'm going to customize with a RUF logo, so not sharing full view shots of the wheels themselves yet, but here are the fltment and clearance shots. Only thing I had to do was slightly trim the GT2 rear brake cooling scoops I'm running, but knew that would be the case when doing the measurements for the wheel widths, offsets, and clearances.prior to ordering.

Clearance from front caliper to front wheel. I asked Forgeline to maximize the concavity of the wheel based on my worksheet measurements and although a lot isn't possible on the front, they certainly did their best.

I run hub studs on my car to help protect the PCCB rotors during wheel removal & installation. The mounting flange thickness on these rear wheels is thinner than that of my Champions - probably to save as much weight as possible, so my studs were bottoming out in the Ti closed-end lug nuts. Solution: convert them to extended length open end lug nuts at the rear of the car, which World Motorsports said would be fine, since their open end lug nuts share essentially the same construction as the closed-end ones (thanks Craig).

From Rear

From Front

From middle looking Rearward

Straight-on Rear shot

From Rear with a bit more side angle

From Middle looking Forward

Old 03-26-2017, 07:49 AM
Finished installation photos are here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...line-sc1s.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-26-2017 at 12:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.