Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

04' E53 BMW X5 4.8IS RARE Fully maintained. Nearly Mint. Rebuilt Engine. Video inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 09:09 PM
sempaipaul is infamous around these parts
Smile 04' E53 BMW X5 4.8IS RARE Fully maintained. Nearly Mint. Rebuilt Engine. Video inside

Year: 2004
Make: BMW
Model: X5
Price: $14900
Mileage: 155000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

For sale is a rather rare 04' E53 BMW X5 4.8IS. If you're looking at this truck you probably know the uniqueness factor of it. The car is Sapphire Metallic Black (475 code Schwarz).

The truck is as mint as it gets for a 2004 (or for a black colored used vehicle for that matter). Contains just about every option available for the year (except for navigation - - - which silly enough makes it more desirable with the "business" radio). Includes heated seats (front and rear), sport leather heated steering wheel, panoramic (working) roof, PDC, roller sun visors on the rear doors, sport seats, HiFi audio, rain sensing vipers, adaptive/xenon headlamps, self leveling air suspension with sport setting, v-Spoke style 168 20” wheels.

Here is the extremely important information as it specifically pertains to this car - - - previous owner was a BMW master mechanic that purchased the truck chasing the same uniqueness factor as I did back in 2018. What he thought was a misfire ended up a complete engine rebuild. Once he took the lower oil pan off - he found parts of the pistons/rings. That said within the past 25K miles (at 130K miles) the original short block replaced with a 2010 4.8 x5 motor with all the original 4.8is parts swapped over. At the same time - the following rebuild work occurred as well:
  • Replacement of all gaskets, head bolts, rod bolts, valve seals, timing chains and guides, plugs, water pump, coolant hoses, coolant pipe in the valley, rear main seal.
  • Heads were blasted and cleaned before valve seal replacement.
  • Replacement of the fluid in both diffs and the transfer case.
  • Steering rack rebuilt with new inner and outer tie-rods.
  • The cats were gutted and an x-pipe was installed - - - therefore the excellent sound of the exhaust
  • Curt trailer hitch and wiring installed.
  • Replacement of the IVM, ignition switch, alternator, battery.
  • Received a new DME due to battery draining.
  • Rebuild of the sunroof with disabling of rear vent.
  • Replacement of all the brakes.
  • Replacement of rear air suspension bags and upper control arms.
  • Lowering of the ride height via programming.
  • Refinishing of all the wheels in a metallic gun-metal paint.
Since I have purchased the vehicle - - - I have replaced the lower front control arms, rear rotors (as while all the brakes were replaced the rear rotors were retained and were slightly under spec), battery as the original one was extremely old, installed all LED lights for the interior, had the vehicle professionally detailed and ceramic coated, and had new tires installed on the rear (315's!). Right now the radio faceplate is removed and was shipped out for pixel repairs. It should be back before the end of this week/beginning of next. The main dash cluster has already been handled.

The truck is an exceptional example of the specific 4.8is model line. I looked for awhile to obtain this specific vehicle. the 4.8is aero is nothing like any other vehicle. This is know as the X5M prior to the X5M becoming a model. Imperfections (while exist) are rather minor - - - the headliner is sagging here and there, there are typical chips/road rash on the front of the vehicle, the driver's door has some scratches and a ding in it, the trunk cargo cover is missing. I cannot think of much else at this point. The vehicle has a clean title (in my name) and clean history.

The vehicle will come with an additional set of winter tires with good thread. Additionally - I do have an AFE intake (rare, no longer manufactured) that I can include as well.

Look forward to hearing from everyone. Please let me cut to the chase... I will not sell the vehicle to a dealer or for some silly price. I don't need to sell this - however, I am looking to focus my attention on my supercharged e39 M5 and, I am also looking to get back into boating!

Last edited by sempaipaul; 04-05-2023 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Color Code Correction
Old 04-03-2023, 09:26 PM
Here are the videos

Old 04-09-2023, 05:47 AM
Sold!

Old 05-22-2024, 05:39 AM
Janice_simon is infamous around these parts
This was interesting to read. This is my favorite car. Thank you! I remember how I even wrote a story about cars. In general, I really like to develop and learn. I use it quite often https://essays.edubirdie.comreal professionals work there for this. I hope my stories will be useful for many.

Last edited by Janice_simon; 05-23-2024 at 01:54 AM.