Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

$2M Cars Impounded after racing in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
what a line up of cars.....

Old 09-04-2011, 10:07 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Vancouver asian invasion? It is not so bad...People exaggerate all the time. . Just count them! ... Amazing hight definition picture of the streets of Vancouver the day of the Stanley cup final.... Big brother is watching you!

http://www.gigapixel.com/image/gigapan-canucks-g7.html

Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
The real issue here is the fact that governments in every province are crying out for cash so they impose new laws like this one, sound laws, red light cameras, texting etc that fill up the provinces coffers.

How else are they going to get cash....taxing is too much a hot topic so they do it this way, or in any way they can under the guise of safety........

Wake up Canadians! The US is soon to follow mark my words.

We are like sheep to the slaughter.

This is clearly about MONEY and nothing else!

Old 09-04-2011, 02:52 PM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
I'm proud of the people of 6SO.

I've seen this story discussed on several other sites and the discussion always goes instantly to complaining about the parents being irresponsible for buying supercars for their children. Instead they should be discussing the real problem which is the way these laws are coming about. My mother is a 911 operator and receives calls all the time about people speeding or driving erratically down the highway. They send the cops, but unless they witness them doing anything illegal the cops can't cite them for anything. I guess times are changing though.

On the subject of buying kids nice cars, I don't see the problem as long as you set limits and make the kid earn it. My son (as long as he shows interest) will start racing karts very young and will get a track car once he skilled enough. For a daily driver he will be getting my current 997 which will be almost 20 years old when he gets a license but still 180mph+ etc. He will have to earn it though via grades and "acting right" in general. If he pulls something like these kids did the car will be impounded for a while by me and he will be walking or taking the bus.

I got a lot of crap in high school for having my first car be a four year old Corvette but it's just jealousy. If I was wealthy enough to buy my kid a brand new Aventador, I would. He'll have to settle for an old 911 though I guarantee he won't be driving some ratty Civic or Nissan though.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I don't think you are doing your kid a favor by buying him a supercar. It does not build character or humility, and won't get him the kind of friends that are worth having. How does a kid earn a 150K+ car. I guess if you live in Beverly Hills it's normal, but in the real world I don't think you are teaching a kid anything worth learning by spoiling him by bestowing un-earned wealth.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM
mytime has a spectacular aura aboutmytime has a spectacular aura aboutmytime has a spectacular aura about
Got to disagree with you. Character and humility are taught/learned way before a kid is old enough for a driver's license.

The real point of the article is the sorry state of today's sensationalistic journalism and out of control governments. No accidents, no proof any laws were broken, just looking for some revenue. Sell papers, balance budgets.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:40 AM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
I don't think you are doing your kid a favor by buying him a supercar. It does not build character or humility, and won't get him the kind of friends that are worth having. How does a kid earn a 150K+ car. I guess if you live in Beverly Hills it's normal, but in the real world I don't think you are teaching a kid anything worth learning by spoiling him by bestowing un-earned wealth.
Kids have one primary job, to do well in school. If he does well in school,he will have earned it in my opinion.

How does having a kid drive a $1500 unsafe unreliable POS any better? Just because he bought it with his own money? I disagree completely.

How does making them work at a minimum wage job just so they can "learn the value of a dollar" (I hate that saying) and save money to purchase a POS car teach them anything worthwhile? All this does IMO is take time away from the things that are important, like studying and spending time with family and friends.

Last edited by superbike81; 09-05-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:48 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mytime
Got to disagree with you. Character and humility are taught/learned way before a kid is old enough for a driver's license.

The real point of the article is the sorry state of today's sensationalistic journalism and out of control governments. No accidents, no proof any laws were broken, just looking for some revenue. Sell papers, balance budgets.
I agree with you both of your points, but I still stand by mine.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by superbike81
Kids have one primary job, to do well in school. If he does well in school,he will have earned it in my opinion.

How does having a kid drive a $1500 unsafe unreliable POS any better? Just because he bought it with his own money? I disagree completely.

How does making them work at a minimum wage job just so they can "learn the value of a dollar" (I hate that saying) and save money to purchase a POS car teach them anything worthwhile? All this does IMO is take time away from the things that are important, like studying and spending time with family and friends.
No one said anything about driving an unsafe, unreliable car. Studying and spending time with family and friends are indeed important. No one would argue that, but I submit that the most important things in life to be learned are not from a text book, or classroom lecture.

When I grew up, the kids who's parents bought them everything they wanted, were the worst kids to be around. They typically didn't value their things, or anyone else's. When I was in high school, the thing I wanted more than anything in the world was a Harley Davidson Sportster. I scraped and saved through most of high school, working every side job I could find, even digging ditches. I saved all I could, trying to spend as little money as possible. Finally, my senior year, I bought it brand new. I earned a lot people's respect for that, and when I look back I am still proud of it. I understand not everyone agrees, but there is still something important to be said for learning discipline, sacrifice, drive, self-reliance, etc. None of which is learned in a book.

The people I surround myself with are the best people you could ever meet, that would do anything for you, and I promise you none of them got that way by being handed anything. I suspect that you and I have different measurements of success. Mine has more to do with what kind of a man one becomes, not simply how much money does he make. BTW I am sure you are a fine fellow, just different perspectives, that's all.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 09-05-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 AM
I was that kid in high school whose parents "bought him everything" and my real friends (not the people scrutinizing me from afar) knew that I was in every way as good of a person as those who had to work side jobs to buy the things they wanted.

You say things like discipline, sacrifice, drive, self-reliance, etc aren't learned in school? I'm going to have to wave the BS flag on that one. To simply scrape by in school like most people do, sure, that's easy. But to truly be among the best takes every single one of those qualities. I had to have the discipline to make the sacrifice to stay home and study every weekend instead of going out to parties like everyone else was. I had to have drive and self-reliance to maintain my 4.0GPA and graduate as the Valedictorian of a class of 750.

Maybe if more parents were like mine and actually gave a rat's *** about how their kids were doing in school instead of telling them to go dig ditches to earn money, we wouldn't live in a country where 15% of American adults are functionally illiterate and where the average reading level is 7th grade.

I knew kids who both worked hard at school and held part-time jobs, and yes, they probably learned a little better time-management than I did, but that doesn't make them better people. Most of us "rich kids" in high school were nothing like you see on TV dramas, that is just how you chose to perceive us. Sure, there are bad apples in every group, but don't make the assumption that just because the kid with the Ferrari isn't a hard worker just because he isn't digging a ditch right next to you.

Enough of this rant. The fact is, these particular kids may or may not have done something stupid, but the laws in place allowed them to be charged without any hard evidence, which is the main problem I have with this. Eyewitness testimony has been proven to be flawed time and time again, especially in instances of judgement such as this. I've passed friends and co-workers on the highway doing 15 or 20mph faster than they are yet when we stop they always say "you must have been doing 120mph!" when in fact I was doing maybe 75 or 80. Were these kids speeding? Probably so. Were they doing the speeds they are being charged with? No one knows for sure because there wasn't any reliable measuring device present at the time.

Oh, and I measure success using many factors, and yes, wealth is one of them.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I was that kid in high school whose parents "bought him everything" and my real friends (not the people scrutinizing me from afar) knew that I was in every way as good of a person as those who had to work side jobs to buy the things they wanted.

You say things like discipline, sacrifice, drive, self-reliance, etc aren't learned in school? I'm going to have to wave the BS flag on that one. To simply scrape by in school like most people do, sure, that's easy. But to truly be among the best takes every single one of those qualities. I had to have the discipline to make the sacrifice to stay home and study every weekend instead of going out to parties like everyone else was. I had to have drive and self-reliance to maintain my 4.0GPA and graduate as the Valedictorian of a class of 750.

Maybe if more parents were like mine and actually gave a rat's *** about how their kids were doing in school instead of telling them to go dig ditches to earn money, we wouldn't live in a country where 15% of American adults are functionally illiterate and where the average reading level is 7th grade.

I knew kids who both worked hard at school and held part-time jobs, and yes, they probably learned a little better time-management than I did, but that doesn't make them better people. Most of us "rich kids" in high school were nothing like you see on TV dramas, that is just how you chose to perceive us. Sure, there are bad apples in every group, but don't make the assumption that just because the kid with the Ferrari isn't a hard worker just because he isn't digging a ditch right next to you.

Enough of this rant. The fact is, these particular kids may or may not have done something stupid, but the laws in place allowed them to be charged without any hard evidence, which is the main problem I have with this. Eyewitness testimony has been proven to be flawed time and time again, especially in instances of judgement such as this. I've passed friends and co-workers on the highway doing 15 or 20mph faster than they are yet when we stop they always say "you must have been doing 120mph!" when in fact I was doing maybe 75 or 80. Were these kids speeding? Probably so. Were they doing the speeds they are being charged with? No one knows for sure because there wasn't any reliable measuring device present at the time.

Oh, and I measure success using many factors, and yes, wealth is one of them.
Good debate. Your points are valid, and of course there are great people from all demographics. I have known many of the richest people and families in Baltimore and Washington, and almost all of them were excellent people. It does present it's own challenges for raising kids though. We will have to agree to disagree on the virtues of modesty versus extravagance. I still say it's better for them to let them grow up and buy their own Ferraris when they have the means.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 09-05-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:02 AM
I can understand your point of view, just different opinions.

For me, if my son (and any future children) performs well in school and stays out of trouble, I have no problem rewarding him with the nicest car my income can afford. In my case, it won't be a Ferrari (unless my investments become very lucrative over the next 15 years) but it will be something that people may look down on him for.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I can understand your point of view, just different opinions.

For me, if my son (and any future children) performs well in school and stays out of trouble, I have no problem rewarding him with the nicest car my income can afford. In my case, it won't be a Ferrari (unless my investments become very lucrative over the next 15 years) but it will be something that people may look down on him for.
Best of luck with those investments! Now, my apologies to everyone for hijacking this thread. Back to the real issue of draconian laws oppressing the drivers of awesome cars!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 AM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
Bc is a police state........you can no longer enjoy your car without the fear of your ride being confiscated just because someone call in to complain?

Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM
How long has BC been this way?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $2M Cars Impounded after racing in Canada