Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Does your exhaust add power ? Good X- Flow read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
What bak pressure ?
Even with straight pipes there will be some back pressure. Just curious what the difference was.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
If you would like to,could you please answer these...Inquiring minds would like to know...
Do you have any other numbers like that from other exhausts to get a thought of how bad or good that 6 is in relationship to another type?
Did you think about checking the pressure After the X before the cut off?
If I may ask,was that an EB Werks pipe? Their merge does look like it has enough volume and nice bends.
Thanks

Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Isn't the proven exhaust for these cars need straight pipes?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 AM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by amw
I had fitment issues with my Europipe
Clarification: AMS had no problems with the EP quality or fitment alone. The combination of the exhaust with the new turbo kit caused had some sort of interference when mounting the bumper.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
If you would like to,could you please answer these...Inquiring minds would like to know...
Do you have any other numbers like that from other exhausts to get a thought of how bad or good that 6 is in relationship to another type?
Did you think about checking the pressure After the X before the cut off?
If I may ask,was that an EB Werks pipe? Their merge does look like it has enough volume and nice bends.
Thanks
no we didnt test any other exhausts for back pressure. we also did not check the pressure after the X because i dont see how or why there would be any there.

Mine was not the EB Werks but I have heard of someone with a big power car selling that one because it was losing power on the dyno.... fairly recently

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HEY I thought I would throw this out there..
If anyone wants to see how good their X-pipe is compared to a 100 cell Milltek system on my K24/18g car,my combo on signature,I am willing to Dyno it...But it can not be a full race system,non mufflered.. Street worthy..
I will pay for Dyno time and swap...If it makes more power with a nicer power curve I will buy it,if not I return it to you..
I have dyno time on May 15 on AWD Mustang Dyno at a shop called Boostin..
If you make the trip to Detroit I'd be happy to perform the dyno testing on my Mustang dyno. I can do it before May 15th as well.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
no we didnt test any other exhausts for back pressure. we also did not check the pressure after the X because i dont see how or why there would be any there.

Mine was not the EB Werks but I have heard of someone with a big power car selling that one because it was losing power on the dyno.... fairly recently
HI, Thanks..
Thats true I guess about after the X but I met this stupid thought maybe there was a way to have two streams from each side hit in the X merge and get some kind of reading on that,, Knowing Tim being that into it..

Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
If you make the trip to Detroit I'd be happy to perform the dyno testing on my Mustang dyno. I can do it before May 15th as well.
That is doable for me to make a trip with my Fireman's schedule.
Let's see first if I get any offers with this post for an exhaust first..
Thanks

Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Hey guys... I heard straight pipes make the most HP on ANY stock/non-stock 996/997 Turbo... I also know that every exhaust on the 996TT drones when compared to stock...

These are facts...

Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Was hoping for before and after data... We all already knew that straight pipes were going to flow better than the "X" - just not how much!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Hey guys... I heard straight pipes make the most HP on ANY stock/non-stock 996/997 Turbo... I also know that every exhaust on the 996TT drones when compared to stock...

These are facts...
Hmmm a definition of facts please (as I see no data) I think it would be safe to say there is certainly a great deal of confidence in the theory that straight pipes are the least restrictive...this may allow the system to produce the most HP, but alas HP is not everything in the power equation....ever hear of torque. Less back pressure may have a negative effect on torque...LOL.

Also agreed that every exhaust system has some amount of drone....from barely perceptible (stock) to annoying depending on the user. Any seller that says their exhaust does not drone is either deaf or not being forthright.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
Was hoping for before and after data... We all already knew that straight pipes were going to flow better than the "X" - just not how much!
Chad it is dependent on power level. Like my car on the E85 setup was 30psi at 1040rwhp I wouldn't even try to push that power through a muffler setup. So honestly no difference I can provide. If you were local the dyno would be open for ya if you wanted to try on your setup. I'd say 10+rwhp or more, and 15-20+ if you have cats.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Hmmm a definition of facts please (as I see no data) I think it would be safe to say there is certainly a great deal of confidence in the theory that straight pipes are the least restrictive...this may allow the system to produce the most HP, but alas HP is not everything in the power equation....ever hear of torque. Less back pressure may have a negative effect on torque...LOL.

Also agreed that every exhaust system has some amount of drone....from barely perceptible (stock) to annoying depending on the user. Any seller that says their exhaust does not drone is either deaf or not being forthright.
Agreed and I had a post that I wrote earlier but deleted. Your low end tq will be gone due to the loss of back pressure. I know in road racing that probably is a large factor. I only drag race and now 60-130 and peak torque even doesn't play a factor to me.

Now I'll be damned in Matt's (Swole Powell) 997TT he has the GMG Titanium with no cats and you don't even hear it. Sounds so quiet... Now behind the car you can hear him over the next overpass. LOL! They may have a slight upgrade in sound deadening material.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
Chad it is dependent on power level. Like my car on the E85 setup was 30psi at 1040rwhp I wouldn't even try to push that power through a muffler setup. So honestly no difference I can provide. If you were local the dyno would be open for ya if you wanted to try on your setup. I'd say 10+rwhp or more, and 15-20+ if you have cats.
Thanks Chris! For my little snails I will keep the sound!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Anything titanium seems to not drone

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your exhaust add power ? Good X- Flow read