Item Condition:

GTR Deposit, anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:56 AM
rupertaker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche951S
Better you dont,

The GTR has the same hype as a Evo Rs, or a Subaru STI, with all its fancy gizmos.. Its just the oversized brother of them, but it really falls in the same plane.. I love the car and would like to have one as well for what it can do, but in the end, ill feel like I bought a hyped up Jap car with a bunch of electronic stuff and the body of a 350z..

Sure a M6 isnt as savvy, and a 997 TT out of the box falls short of the same performance, but a tuned 997TT will hold its ground just as well against a tuned GTR and look Always much better....
I'll take time to reply to this later, but I'm curious, have you ever driven a GTR? 32, 33, 34?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned
oc6speed is on a distinguished road
The funniest thing is that all the guys in this thread talking sh*t about the new GTR and talking smack about anyone that pays a markup over MSRP are the SAME people that sent me PMs this month inquiring about how to get a GTR and asking me to sell them my 1st spot for June/July delivery of a GTR.

They were even willing to give me a mark up over MSRP. LOL!!!

I won't name names, but you all know who you are. Funny sh*t!

Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 PM
orlando333 will become famous soon enough
its because you are the man Jacko

When I get my GT-R, I will roll down to cars and coffee again.

My turbo s is in the shop for bigger turbos.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Porsche951S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rupertaker
I'll take time to reply to this later, but I'm curious, have you ever driven a GTR? 32, 33, 34?

Yes, R34 here in Europe

OC6Speed

-no one is talking ****, its quite clear how impressive and desirable this car is to have, but your completley undermining everything else on the market for it. Keep an open perspective and realize its just one of many nice cars to drive..therefore sure youll have inquiries although I personally dont believe you have Any connection to a GTR to trade or sell to begin with.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Porsche951S
Yes, R34 here in Europe

OC6Speed

-no one is talking ****, its quite clear how impressive and desirable this car is to have, but your completley undermining everything else on the market for it. Keep an open perspective and realize its just one of many nice cars to drive..therefore sure youll have inquiries although I personally dont believe you have Any connection to a GTR to trade or sell to begin with.
Not sure what I said that undermines anything.

I'm just pointing out that a few people that were knocking the car and its price also PM me about it willing to pay over MSRP.

I have plenty of personal connections with the GTR...like first positions for June/July delivery of the GTR at 2 different dealerships, and the PM you sent me offering $5k over MSRP.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by orlando333
its because you are the man Jacko

When I get my GT-R, I will roll down to cars and coffee again.

My turbo s is in the shop for bigger turbos.
When's yours getting delivered?

Color? Or you going to surprise us?

Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
any production or US allocation numbers for '09?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned
Last time I checked there's over 700 US Nissan dealerships participating. And of the 6 dealers I talked to each one was getting an average of 4 for 2008.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
so that implies that there are some 2800 cars available for 2008.
Sorry but that kind of number does not support 10-30k over MSRP for a car like this (great performance yet it's not aston martin or such) in this economy.
....But then again, I'm probably wrong.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Sie_motor88 is on a distinguished road
hi anyone selling a gtr for sticker price or for like 5k over sticker?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:50 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kamran
so that implies that there are some 2800 cars available for 2008.
Sorry but that kind of number does not support 10-30k over MSRP for a car like this (great performance yet it's not aston martin or such) in this economy.
....But then again, I'm probably wrong.
I had the exact same thought process and figured that I could find one podunk dealership that would let me have one for a sticker, but after calling 48 dealerships (my broker called 48 dealerships), the best deal we could find was 10 over. I was shocked too.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 AM
but after calling 48 dealerships (my broker called 48 dealerships), the best deal we could find was 10 over. I was shocked too.
Probably because the cars are not in the showrooms yet so everybody is going with the hype and no dealer wants to profit 'less' than other dealers. Wait (if you can) till the cars are in the showroom and the first tier of 'must have my car first and now' has bought their cars. If there are indeed over say 2500 buyers in that group (which I find it hard to believe) then the cars will indeed command 10-20k above MSRP.
I remember the exact same hype going around when Lotus exiges came to US in 2006 while the total number of exiges for US was about 300 something. Rest assured that they did not go all above MSRP. Others talk about the same hype that EVO and STIs had,
....I guess time will tell

Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Probably because the cars are not in the showrooms yet so everybody is going with the hype and no dealer wants to profit 'less' than other dealers. Wait (if you can) till the cars are in the showroom and the first tier of 'must have my car first and now' has bought their cars. If there are indeed over say 2500 buyers in that group (which I find it hard to believe) then the cars will indeed command 10-20k above MSRP.
I remember the exact same hype going around when Lotus exiges came to US in 2006 while the total number of exiges for US was about 300 something. Rest assured that they did not go all above MSRP. Others talk about the same hype that EVO and STIs had,
I was told that, so far, all the GTR's have been commited to for the first year. There won't be any just sitting on showrooms... supposedly. Once again, time will tell.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Banned
Of the dealers I called all the GTRs for 2008 are spoken for with deposits or paid in full. If people with deposits back out there's still a long waiting list of buyers willing to fill in the spots.

If you see one on the showroom its most likely been sold already and on loan to the dealer from the buyer in exchange for a lower/no mark up.

Prices will go down but not for 2008 IMHO.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
orlando333 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by oc6speed
When's yours getting delivered?

Color? Or you going to surprise us?

I'm getting the silver one, with every available option. i am number one on there list and the delivery should be July.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.