Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

!!FS: 2001.5 996 Turbo - 50kmiles, $54k - Porsche Exclusive Shop Interior!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:02 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
!!FS: 2001.5 996 Turbo - 50kmiles, $50k - Porsche Exclusive Shop Interior!!

2001 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo - asking $50k based on market research and current values and such (brutal, but thats the way it is i suppose...i dont want to sit on it for 4 months holding out for an extra couple grand) – all wheel drive 3.6 liter twin turbo, twin-intercooled monster of a sports car. 36,616 miles when I bought it in Dec 06 – 50k miles on the clock currently; 6-speed; stock = 420hp 420 trq. (with software = approx 475hp 480tq) May01 build date. Pretty loaded from the factory:

Exterior: Seal Grey, 6-speed, bi-xenons, 18” lightweight turbo wheels - color matched to body w/colored Porsche crest, clear sidemarkers, silver hood crest, self dimming rear and side mirrors, rain sensing wipers, parking sensors

Interior: Porsche Exclusive Shop = CanCan Red Supple Leather Interior (full leather package) with deviated grey stitching and natural grey carpet, Large Carbon Fiber Package, 3-spoke steering wheel carbon and interior leather, Porsche crests embossed in headrests, carbon/aluminum shifter, 6-disc changer, factory navigation, heated seats, full power seats,

Aftermarket:
passport srx concealed radar/laser protection, Custom CarbonFiber dashboard surround and side vents replaced by MA Carbon, front bumperplugs, Ultimate Motorwerks Software with stock/valet/performance modes, EVO Diverter Valves; upgraded silicon F-hose, nice dark tint, and we replaced the stock clutch with a SouthBend/Sachs clutch as the stock one was going out when I bought it. – Total spent in appropriate, professional and tasteful modifications = Approx $7,000

This was a one-owner car when I bought it and had spent the first 6+ years and 36k miles of its life in Santa Monica California. The car was well taken care of but the heat and sun from SoCal had affected some of the factory carbon fiber pieces – hence me replacing the dash surround and the side vents. Since I have had the car, outside of the clutch there have been absolutely no issues. It is the greatest car I have ever owned in every way possible – I am no expert persay, but coming from several Audi’s and BMW’s (S4’s, M3’s, etc.) I have a little experience with high horsepower sports cars.

Flaws – there is still some carbon cracking on the steering wheel – this is very common and can be repaired for approximately $400-$500. I found a gentlemen at a company called ‘American Stitches’ in TX that can replace the carbon pieces at that price. I’m sure there are more folks that can as well. The carbon surround for the instrument cluster has also faded and has a small crack in the clearcoat – not super noticeable, but there. MA Carbon sells replacement pieces of better than OEM quality for approx $400.

Otherwise, I have just had the whole car polished and any little scratches or marks from street time taken out. I have just had a fresh powdercoat put on the wheels as the previous owner had used body colored paint, which had chipped over the years and was doing a disservice to this vehicle.

This is a great 911TT at a great price. The interior and options on this one are extremely rare and raised the original sticker price well over $150,000. By comparison, the interior on every other 996 i have seen is boring...when you are driving a 100k+ sports car, it should feel and look special in every way, this car does.

I would and wanted to keep this car forever, but recent family changes have caused me to sacrifice and buy a big SUV. With another sports car in the driveway and a race car that was built specifically for me (all wheel drive turbo even), one has to go. I hope that someone enjoys and loves it as much as me. I am putting this at a pretty low and aggressive price, my quattro is coming out and this car needs to go.

Last edited by villains_turbo; 04-24-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: adjusted price...my audi is coming out of the shop, figured I would be aggressive.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
OMG! I'm blinded!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:49 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Just pulled a clean carfax for it too. And the 2nd gear pop out issue was mitigated with a new transmission at delivery in July 2001 (late build date and July delivery likely due to the original owners special order) - recorded by carfax and pasted below:

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
07/03/2001 5 McKenna Motors
Norwalk, CA
562-868-3233
www.mckennacars.com Vehicle serviced
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Alignment checked
Transmission replaced
Miscellaneous service performed
Transmission serviced
Suspension system serviced

08/10/2001 125 McKenna Motors
Norwalk, CA
562-868-3233
www.mckennacars.com Vehicle serviced
Clutch fluid flushed/changed
Clutch master cylinder replaced
Transmission serviced
Miscellaneous service performed

Old 04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
rupertaker is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car. I would wish you Good luck but I don't think you'll have any problem selling. If it was black, I'd be on a plane this weekend =)

Old 04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by rupertaker
Beautiful car. I would wish you Good luck but I don't think you'll have any problem selling. If it was black, I'd be on a plane this weekend =)
aw yea, black with that interior would be insanely cool.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:22 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
paint it black yourself for $5k

Old 04-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
paint it black yourself for $5k
True. Considering the relatively low price, you could actually paint it a different color and still be under 55-56k...if someone digs the interior, it would be a lot harder and more expensive to put that in a black car that had a standard interior vs. making a grey one a different color.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:09 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
can i get some pics please smokinxtreme@yahoo.com

Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
can i get some pics please smokinxtreme@yahoo.com
Sent a couple.
Im taking more next week when it comes out of the body shop from getting all prettied up. They were mostly through the polishing and such today and it was looking like new. Cant wait to see it done. Wheels are still being powdercoated black with a red lip/pinstripe.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Just uploaded a few to imageshack -

Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Uploaded a few more. The wheels will be done next week.
Looks like I sold my roadster, and I kinda thought this one would go quickly...if it doesnt I may just be forced to keep it :-)

...in fact if i do, I am thinking about a flat/semi-gloss black paint job on it. :-)

Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
DAMN YOU! I would have bought this car a little bit back ago. If you would consider swapping your interior with me plus a good amount of cash please let me know, I'm dying for a different color interior and prefer not to modify the OEM seats. My interior is black

Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by DYL 911
DAMN YOU! I would have bought this car a little bit back ago. If you would consider swapping your interior with me plus a good amount of cash please let me know, I'm dying for a different color interior and prefer not to modify the OEM seats. My interior is black
Haha, yeah someone (not me...it was a 1 owner car when i got it) definitely paid a ton of dough and waited a very long time to have that interior made for them. Not sure if all of them are like this, but there is leather EVERYWHERE in this car, like the little fins on the side vents - in fact when i had MA carbon replace the vents, i sent them the oem ones so they could swap all the parts that the exclusive shop had done. I have always wanted to get the Porsche CoA and see what the price was on these options.

Selling this car for 50k seems like a sin...hence i may have to keep it. But would at least consider a swap...your interior isnt black with red stitching by any chance is it?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 AM
Figured I was going to keep it vs. taking 50k, but trading it for an 08 Gallardo. Going to see the G next week and probably put a deposit down...will trade the 996 about 2 weeks after. So if anyone is interested, let me know, cause now is the time.
Here is a pic from the Colorado meet a couple weeks ago...its the seal grey in the front:

Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 AM
doktordyper is an unknown quantity at this point
d_villian - Is this car still available?

thx...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: !!FS: 2001.5 996 Turbo - 50kmiles, $54k - Porsche Exclusive Shop Interior!!