big_willy is on a distinguished road

Category: Accessories
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I undestand you must be upset the car is stolen and we all want the crooks caught - but I would rather the car never be found and collect the insurance $$$.

Imagine finding the car and then insurance telling you they aren't writing it off and will fix it up. I'm not pleased getting the car back knowing that it's been raped and gang banged by crooks with 8 inch crowbars.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_willy
I undestand you must be upset the car is stolen and we all want the crooks caught - but I would rather the car never be found and collect the insurance $$$.

Imagine finding the car and then insurance telling you they aren't writing it off and will fix it up. I'm not pleased getting the car back knowing that it's been raped and gang banged by crooks with 8 inch crowbars.
If the car was OEM with minor changes, sure a car is a car... I would think the same. This one represents 250hours of my own hard work, hours and hours of getting to sponsor deals and doing development of new stuff, and I'm reliant on it for the racing season I just started. I can't buy a competitive turbo for the $$ the insurance company would offer in case it's deemed a total loss, so nope prio 1 is stil to find it.

Also, in 100% of these theft cases, it's done by really stupid people, even somewhat stupid people can make a successful living from honest work or making some innovative - or established business ventures.

These people, taking this car, are probably topping the list of stupidity. Stupid people make mistakes. These have already. The first one was they took not only a very unusual car, they took a SALVAGE unusual car, and on top of that with a unique set of equipment and a ton of custom work to it.

The police knows this better than anyone and it's definitely not the car blending in with the average Taurus rolling around the blocks.

So what if they make a new ID on the car, they're going to try to sell it for... like 35-40kUSD? ANYONE here would see that ad right away. Sell it for more? Who'd buy it for more once you come up close and realize it's a track car???

More and more things are narrowing the trail down at this point, since stupid people always are, and will remain stupid people.

Pls everyone, listen to the gossip, check ads, keep tabs with the grapevine. This car is still radiating heat and it will get hotter shortly, especially for some rings of people. Pls keep listening!! Thanks!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I hope you're right, and the police are close, but the theft of a car like this is very different than a "regular" car. It's done by organized groups that ship the car overseas, with no plans to do otherwise. You are 100% correct in that selling a unique car like that over here is incredibly difficult and likely to get you caught. In Russia, China, or the Middle East that car will sell for 4 times what they could get over here, and the salvage title is meaningless. Again, I wish you the best, just try not to make yourself crazy over this.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 AM
havocs is on a distinguished road
Dreadful to read - hope the result works out !

Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
I hope you're right, and the police are close, but the theft of a car like this is very different than a "regular" car. It's done by organized groups that ship the car overseas, with no plans to do otherwise. You are 100% correct in that selling a unique car like that over here is incredibly difficult and likely to get you caught. In Russia, China, or the Middle East that car will sell for 4 times what they could get over here, and the salvage title is meaningless. Again, I wish you the best, just try not to make yourself crazy over this.

If you know the phone number to these organized groups then please send it over!

From my side, I just want the car back. It's entirely up to the d**kheads who took it if they're smart enough to let the car be found sitting by itself, or if they want to be picked up together with the car.

As long as I get the car back I don't care.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Good luck. I'm pulling for you. People who steal things are garbage. This stuff gets me upset. (Which is why I want to talk you back off of the ledge. I'd be losing it.)

Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Thx!! I'm past that point, it follows kind of normal human reactions, numbness, devastation thinking of the consequences, sadness on the emotional plane, severe anger usually comes by then turns into sense of loss, and depending on who you are it turns to different things - some people never swing out but for me the next phase is cold and calculating. I understand that the car might be in a severe state of condition right now, but part of the climb out of the hole is to do something. A new car will not solve that fact that some people with d***s even smaller than their brains took it.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
City Tire as in the one in South Gate?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney
City Tire as in the one in South Gate?
Yep

Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
just a bump

Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I just found out about your ordeal today.
I am terribly sorry for what you had to go through.
I know that words of empathy from complete strangers may seem hollow to some, but I truly do empathize with you.
The one consolation for you must remain that you and yours are safe. Things could have been very different. Thankfully, they weren't.
Best of luck trying to recover your car.
We're all rooting for you.

Last edited by k_ddsl; 05-17-2010 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
MrWhite,

I am just reading through this entire thread for the first time and a couple of things strike me as odd.

If someone could steal ANY Porsche as easily as they got yours, they could have just as easily taken a new(er) one. Therefore, either they wanted your car specifically or it somehow became easy for them to get.

Easy to get means they had to have a coded key so make sure you have all your keys and think about places that had access to your keys for a period of time. Someplace like a dealership where required proof of ownership is needed to order a key. Someone at the dealership could have ordered a key without proof and without your knowledge.

Or - Someone, knowing your car could have wanted it for your unusual parts for their own car or someone else's car. Keep your ear to the ground around the tracks where your parts could be used.

Good luck to you and to the police working your case. At the very least I hope you get some satisfaction from their eventual apprehension. Having been through something similar, I really do understand your pain. My stolen car was totaled 15 minutes after it was taken by someone tending my house.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:36 AM
raidentech can only hope to improve
Sorry to hear about that. Can you get insurance to cover your lost?

Old 05-16-2010, 07:10 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...easonable.html

look at the heat i have taken for an incident that happened a few days after i had read your thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow there were really some various responses there... And I think there are reasons to be really cautious (a colleague of mine got murdered over an Iphone a year ago so what wouldn't they do for something 100 times more expensive?). So I'm not expecting any sort of decency from anyone.

I never had someone random be really nosy about my car, maybe because I think about where I take it and maybe because SoCal has thousands of Porsches everywhere anyway. I live in a community where I see 3-4 P-cars every day (I really do). On top of that, my car is "old" compared to 90% of the Porsches around. So do I feel like my car stands out or is particularly sought after, except having a big wing? Not really, I even run OEM wheels 90% of the time.

The streets are quiant and always populated by a still flow of local residets, dog owners, joggers, surfers, ppl going to and coming home from work, lot of patrol car activity, and there are numerous tenants that have night and random shift work. These lowlife thieves could easily have been busted into during mid-theft by anyone.

Anyway, I logged in to just bump.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc