Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: 996TT/GT2 gearbox w/ cooler and Guard GT2 Pro LSD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 06:46 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
FS: 996TT/GT2 gearbox w/ cooler and Guard GT2 Pro LSD

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $11995
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CO
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I am installing a brand new custom built race GT2 gearbox and as such I am a selling my current 996TT/GT2 gearbox. This gearbox was originally built by Chris Cervelli, one of the premier gearbox builders in the US. Chris just removed the gearbox from my car and will install a brand new OEM 1-3 mainshaft and gears for the new buyer. Everything will be checked to make sure all is 100%. The synchros are steel. 1500 miles ago, Chris also installed a brand new chromoly Guard GT2 Pro LSD with 40/60 ramps. This is Guard's strongest flagship LSD with a Chromoly case. The front output shaft of this gearbox has been machined off and the front of the case plugged with a machined billet cap. As such this is a gearbox which can only be used in a RWD application. The gearbox case is drilled an tapped for a GT2 slave. Although not pictured, the gearbox also includes an external air to liquid transmission oil cooler. The cooler is comprised of a Mocal oil pump, Mocal oil filter, a Setrab oil cooler, an internal transmission temp sensor, and a fully adjustable thermostat which controls the Mocal oil pump. A modified cross brace which the oil pump mounts to is also included. Oil is pulled by the oil pump from the transmission case in the area by the LSD (where the hottest oil resides) and fed through the oil filter to the Setrab oil cooler and then fed through the top of the transmission car spraying onto the 3/4 gears. The oil cooler is very effective keeping temps in the 220F range even on the hottest track days. It's an excellent set up.

Price is $11995 plus shipping...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RM4UBF]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JBF5Wi]

Last edited by pwdrhound; 01-17-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:23 PM
atlzhp6m is on a distinguished road
everything I need for my car, unfortunately the timing is not right for me.
bump to the top for an awesome seller!

Old 01-22-2018, 03:42 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Good luck with
The gearbox selling , its the best !!
u do have upgraded rear axels for sale ?

Old 01-23-2018, 12:19 PM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
I read your entire post about making the trans cooler... awesome setup! I'd love to buy this, but not in the plans at the moment. GLWS

Old 01-23-2018, 12:40 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ysfg35
Good luck with
The gearbox selling , its the best !!
u do have upgraded rear axels for sale ?

I only have a set of OEM axles for sale. Virtually brand new with only a few thousand miles on them.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:27 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Glws!

Old 01-24-2018, 10:01 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
diff in trans ? separable?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:42 PM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
does it have upgraded or oem gears?

Old 04-12-2018, 10:31 AM
e8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the rough
Hi

Did you run the OEM main shaft when you had it or are you removing a stronger one to fit into your new one? Just wondering why is being replaced. Genuinely interested buyer.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:24 AM
LukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to behold
I think I have a gear box addiction, well the other half and friends say I do.

When you mention replacing with OEM 1/3, is it currently a 2wd TT geared box or does it have a 6gt2 mainshaft in her currently? If it has the 6gt2 mainshaft (which I personally prefer in both 6's against a more stockish 7tt) why would a buyer want to switch back on a upper hp car?

To the axle question above, its the "parting a 1500hp 6tt" thread with DSS axles for sale. I personally would go with those over motorsport axles for street/track use.

This is great deal from a meticulous builder/owner.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
does it have upgraded or oem gears?
Brand new OEM 996GT2 1-4 gears, stock 996TT 5-6

Last edited by pwdrhound; 04-13-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by e8_pack
Hi

Did you run the OEM main shaft when you had it or are you removing a stronger one to fit into your new one? Just wondering why is being replaced. Genuinely interested buyer.
Just got your PM but figured I would answer here as others have emailed me with similar questions. The gearbox still needs to be reassembled but I have had other projects I put ahead of the line. Basically, the I didn't rush to have this reassembled just in case someone was seriously interested and wanted other gears installed or perhaps the 997GT2 mainshaft. As such they would save the labor cost since the gearbox has not been reassembled yet.

As you know, this is my gearbox but I also purchased a brand new 996GT2 gearbox last year. We ended up removing the 997GT2 1-4 from this gearbox and installing it in the new 996GT2 gearbox. As such, the brand new 996GT2 1-4 was removed from the 6GT2 box and it's set aside to install in this gearbox. I also ended up installing the Guard GT2 Pro LSD shown here into the 996GT2 box and as such it's no longer available. The OEM GT2 LSD was removed from the new 6GT2 box and sold to a local buyer. If a buyer is interested in this gearbox, I can have a brand new Guard LSD installed during assembly or it can be sold with just stock open diff. Guard is local to me so getting an LSD from them is simple. As mentioned in the original post, all gearbox work is performed by Chris Cervelli, one of the premier engine and gearbox builders in the US. The only other guy I would trust with a gearbox build in the US is Copans. Let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers!

Last edited by pwdrhound; 04-13-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by LukesportsmanX
I think I have a gear box addiction, well the other half and friends say I do.

When you mention replacing with OEM 1/3, is it currently a 2wd TT geared box or does it have a 6gt2 mainshaft in her currently? If it has the 6gt2 mainshaft (which I personally prefer in both 6's against a more stockish 7tt) why would a buyer want to switch back on a upper hp car?

To the axle question above, its the "parting a 1500hp 6tt" thread with DSS axles for sale. I personally would go with those over motorsport axles for street/track use.

This is great deal from a meticulous builder/owner.
Post above probably answers most of this but yes. Brand new OEM 996GT2 1-4 with 996GT2 mainshaft.

Regarding the axles, I have had no issues with the stock 996TT/GT2 axles but I do replace them every 5K miles. We plan on running the stock axles with a longer interval but will be repacking them with Krytox instead of the stock grease which is really the limiting factor on the axles.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:21 PM
LukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to behold
Yes it did. Thanks.

I just sheared my last set off inside the inner joint at an airport run (possibly rougher than the usual tracks) when grabbing second gear. Maybe it hopped and shocked it, but found odd at about 10k miles for acute failure on Pilots, not Hoosiers. I'm CERTAIN your maintenance regimen is far superior to mine, LOL.

Bump