Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc

Category: Accessories
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

My car has been stolen!!!! Pls help!!!

Posting here since EVERYONE on this board reads here (not only 996TT owners) - so if you see the car on the street PM or call!! 310 800 3358

2002 996 TT silver (with full white wrap) STOLEN DURING THE NIGHT BETWEEN SUNDAY MAY 2ND 5.30PM and MONDAY MAY 3RD 6.30AM.

STOLEN FROM: REDONDO BEACH (South Bay Los Angeles)

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN ON BOARDS, EBAY, CRAIGSLIST FOR ANY OF THE PARTS LISTED IN MY SIGNATURE.

2002 Porsche 996TT, 2WD converted.
VIN: Last six digits 685229

White w silver/black interior.

Nurburgring sticker rear window.
Hankook stickers all over car.
COBB Tuning windshield banner.
City Tire sticker on windshield and front lip.

GT2 body kit with black wicker on rear wing (very unusual).
GMG roll cage black serial number on request.
Rotec carbon fiber seats alcantara/leather mix, black w silver stitch
Schroth black 6-point harness like new
Bimmec 20mm hub extenders (spacers w bolts)
GT3 Cup toe links
GT2 adjustable arms with no, or red, camber shims
Custom handbuilt, non-crossover, exhaust with metal core racecats
Odyssey PC925 battery

Reward to anyone who can locate a source trying to move any of the above!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
wow.. sorry to hear! thats a pretty unique 996TT, so it should be easier to identify.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 AM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
Holy Shiz! I used to live in PV. Didn't think RB got down like that! If the guys who stole it are smart, its already in a garage being taken apart. Sorry for your loss.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Thx.

It's a unique car for sure and not very much worth for anyone except myself as it was a salvage. Maybe they had a VIN from a crashed car and needed a shell... but then again this shell has been in an accident so that's no use.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Was it garaged at the time? No tracking device? Or suspected flat bed/tow? Very sorry for your loss!

Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-06-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes it was garaged. Waiting for a video to show how it was taken away, should give clues as to how it was moved and might provide some id if quality is good enough.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Man, I am so sorry to hear this... I really hate thieves... Best of luck in the recovery if thats what you want or the replacement. Thank God they didnt come into your home and harm your family....

Old 05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Man, I am so sorry to hear this... I really hate thieves... Best of luck in the recovery if thats what you want or the replacement. Thank God they didnt come into your home and harm your family....
+1

agreed

Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
maybe this should be a sticky and not only on this forum !

Old 05-05-2010, 03:43 PM
That would be nice... at least for the next month or two if that'd be ok with everyone to stare at for a while.

If anyone, it's US who are always looking for parts, used parts, tuning parts, cars, wheels, anything connected to these - going through all online sales places to find unusual parts, or replacement parts, or good deals etc etc and it's a passion for most of us.

Anyone who comes on here, buys a car, starts right away, slowly in the beginning to ask about service, gremlins, and then we get comfy or bitten with modding and everyone goes into the mode of looking for things for their cars.

I can share easliy that this is getting more and more of a hard blow to keep the spirits up, no sign of the car yet and still so many eyes helping in trying to spot it somewhere. I close my eyes and I know just how the seat, steering, gear lever, throttle response feel. How could I ever want another car, I wasn't 'done' with this car at all, just laid all this work to make it a good platform, to get started to really enjoy it.

Guys, really go over your routines and measures to protect your assets. It's so easy to think "I've never been followed" home, but the time you might have been without thinking about it, is what you think about when it's gone. Also that doesn't always help, because people can still see the car in a garage, on a parking lot, random ppl just driving by "indexing" neighborhoods for potential cars to steal.

It's not the thing we think about enough, until too late.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:13 AM
UPDATE:

MAY 5 LATEST UPDATE: STOLEN BETWEEN 2.30am and 3.30am Monday morning MAY 3rd.

The car was observed DRIVEN out from the garage around 3.30am Monday morning. It was driven out with the lights off.

Pls still keep eyes open for parts, or the car, as the police are gathering more information.

STOLEN FROM: REDONDO BEACH (South Bay Los Angeles)

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN ON BOARDS, EBAY, CRAIGSLIST FOR ANY OF THE PARTS LISTED IN MY SIGNATURE.

2002 Porsche 996TT, 2WD converted.
VIN: Last six digits 685229

White w silver/black interior.

Nurburgring sticker rear window.
Hankook stickers all over car.
COBB Tuning windshield banner.
City Tire sticker on windshield and front lip.

GT2 body kit with black wicker on rear wing (very unusual).
GMG roll cage.
Rotec carbon fiber seats
6-point harness.
GT2 and GT3 Cup control arms and toe links.
Handmade custom race exhaust.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-06-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:41 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
how awful...most important is that you and your family are safe

hope they track these guys down

Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
The car was observed DRIVEN out from the garage between 2.30am and 3am Monday morning. It was driven out with the lights off.
Wow! It's my understanding Porsches are very difficult to hotwire. Is there any possible way a key was copied/made? Shop, valet, etc?

That totally sucks, I wish a quick and satisfactory resolution for you!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I would seriously question the shops that have done work recently. Someone knew the value of the car / parts, knew your address, and had the ability to copy the transponder capsule in your remote.. If that is the case, the local shops should be able to tell you if a 996 key was ordered and cut based of computer records.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Never used valet.

Porsche says that even if they have a key blade, the car and key has to be coded together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc