Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

"THINK SO" California License plates! Transferable!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
"THINK SO" California License plates! Transferable!

Category: Accessories
Price: $1995
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo, Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Boxter/Cayman, Porsche Panamera, Older Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, Nissan GTR, American vehicles, Other
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Make the ultimate statement or leave them guessing with California license plates "THINK SO"!

Recently retained interest or "rights" with California DMV form REG 17 after selling my fun car, it can be transferred to you.

Owned and used since 2000, you can see the front plate was always stored, never used. Unfortunately my commuter car doesn't justify the plates.

Asking $1,995 or best offer.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Deuuuce; 02-24-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Ok, I give up. THINK SO? What's the meaning?

Old 02-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
? ?
?
?

Old 02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I don't think so.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 PM
GTS_Rob is on a distinguished road
think not...

Old 02-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
yeah, I know some of you guys are having fun but please stay within forum guidelines...no commenting on price...send a pm if you have a price comment not in the sellers thread...how about letting this get back on topic...if you are not interested then resist the urge..thanks

Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 AM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
interesting

Last edited by sid350; 02-20-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:24 AM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
GLWS. maybe i should have tried selling the HOTBXTR license plate that was on my car when i bought it. never thought of selling the rights to it before i released it back to dmv...

Old 02-20-2011, 07:05 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
GLWS. FWIW I know how crazy ppl are in DE. Most of the state is below the poverty line, but lots of ppl will pay 10k+ to have an all black license plate instead of the dark metallic blue one that is standard issue now. It's not even customized name plates, just numbers.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I'd like to echo Chuck's comment.

Several posts were removed this morning. Although you may have a personal opinion on the sale of this type of item, please refrain from commenting about the price or making commentary that detracts from the sale. You are welcome to have an opinion, but as this thread follows the guidelines setforth by forum policy in the marketplace, I would ask each of you to extend the courtesty to the OP in his attempt to make a transaction.

Thank you.

bob

Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 PM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Moderators - I don't think it is legal for license plates to be sold. Depending on California law, the registrant might not be the owner, and even if he was, I think most states allocate plates with ownership restraints.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
Moderators - I don't think it is legal for license plates to be sold. Depending on California law, the registrant might not be the owner, and even if he was, I think most states allocate plates with ownership restraints.
It is possible. There is a heck of a lot more involved though, than simply paying the seller's fee. You must contact DMV and coordinate the transaction / re-evaluate the meaning and confirm replacement plates were provided for the former vehicle assigned to the vanity plates. Then you must pay the DMV all associated fees with the plates.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:38 PM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Nikolas
It is possible. There is a heck of a lot more involved though, than simply paying the seller's fee. You must contact DMV and coordinate the transaction / re-evaluate the meaning and confirm replacement plates were provided for the former vehicle assigned to the vanity plates. Then you must pay the DMV all associated fees with the plates.
I know the transfer is possible, but I'm saying the sale of plates is illegal. The transfer has to be gratuitous.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
I know the transfer is possible, but I'm saying the sale of plates is illegal. The transfer has to be gratuitous.
I haven't seen anything that probibits selling the rights to a vanity plate in CA. There are even sites that are dedicated to it:

http://www.greatplateexchange.com/vanity_plate_search.asp?state=CA&P=2

Note that some prices are far higher than the OP's! (I hope that is not a violation, more of a confirmation)

OK this might get me in trouble - page 5!

Last edited by Nikolas; 02-20-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I did make the link inactive since it is a commercial site...thanks for the info...one of the best things about any forum is the information that is shared

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "THINK SO" California License plates! Transferable!