Price: Auction (PCar)
Mileage: 53000
Color: Estoril Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: RWD

KEY FACTS:
  • 1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster finished in Estoril Blue over two-tone blue/black interior. Relatively low-mileage example enhanced with some discerning modifications. The odometer shows ~53k miles.
  • The car is accompanied by an OEM BMW hard-top (painted to match…was originally dark grey) as well as its blue soft top that has an updated plastic window.
  • Never Done Garage front corner splitters and a Never Done Garage rear lower diffuser.
  • The front bumper is in good shape with a couple of small blemishes (see photos) and a new OEM mesh lower grill has been added. The seller refreshed the front headlights and added clear Euro specification front bumper lights.
  • Other modifications include Recaro Pole Position seats, Motion Motorsport seat brackets, planted seat bases, Crow 4-point harnesses, a Sparco steering wheel and an ‘M’ aluminum race shift ****. Cosmos Racing cold air intake, a custom exhaust, a single-mass flywheel as well as an upgraded clutch. A custom 4-point roll cage and cross-brace with a harness bar and custom lightweight door cards have also been installed.
  • The car’s suspension has been upgraded with a Status Gruppe SGT-SRS coil-over kit, camber plates, caster adjusters, urethane bushings and a strut tower bar. The rear subframe has also been reinforced
  • Inside, an OEM BMW factory single disc CD/AM/FM radio is present and a block-off plate is included if the next owner wishes to remove it.
  • Included with the car are keys, lots of service records and an OEM BMW tonneau cover, as well as all factory interior parts aside from the seats (door cards, steering wheel with airbag, roll hoops, etc).

CONDITION:
  • The paintwork is in exceptional condition for its age, with a prior respray to the bumpers. The only blemishes present are located on the lower portion of the front bumper and the upper passenger side rear bumper (shown in photos). As mentioned, the hardtop, while OEM, is from a donor car and was painted to match (match is not perfect but very close), and there are a few scratches present from moving/storage. Being a Southern California car most of its life, it has spent 90% of its time with the top down and the tonneau cover on.
  • Inside, the Recaro seats and other upgrades are in great shape. The original interior parts as mentioned above are included in the sale.
  • There are no known electrical or mechanical faults, though the soft top functions manually because the motor has been disconnected to accommodate the custom roll bar. All parts are still intact, so this modification can be reversed in the future if desired.

SUMMARY:

I’ve owned the car for ~5 yrs now and while I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it, I relocated from Los Angeles to Canada in 2020 and rarely get back to use it. Subsequently, it’s been stored in a climate controlled environment (The Motoring Club) until recently. It’s currently at my buddy’s dealership (BMW Fresno) as I was considering having it consigned, but given the extensive modifications, it’s not really a dealership friendly car. It will remain there for the next week or so until I’m back in town to move it. Currently registered non-op in CA, but I can arrange for temp use permits for quick test drives. Though I’d prefer cash, I’m open to trades up or down car wise, and would even consider certain watches (Rolexes mainly).

Below are a bunch of pics, some glamour shots, some basic. Feel free to contact me for more info. Thanks!

-Erik

Last edited by -REV-; 07-13-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:58 AM
mpoweroo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have past experience buying from REV. Top notch seller, buyer will not be disappointed with this car as all of Erik's cars all meticulously cared for.

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a really well sorted car.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:42 AM
-REV- is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mpoweroo1
I have past experience buying from REV. Top notch seller, buyer will not be disappointed with this car as all of Erik's cars all meticulously cared for.

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a really well sorted car.
Thanks! I should probably address a couple of questions I’ve received via DM here…

All maintenance under my ownership was performed by either myself, or Danny at MiniCorsa (well known BMW/Porsche mechanic in NoHo).

VANOS was preemptively addressed within the last ~1500 miles.

I’ll do a light service (oil change, fluid top off, etc) prior to sale.

Car has been on a CTEK battery tender and started/driven every few weeks or so while stored.

Tires are ~80% front and ~60% rear, though I would replace them within the year or so if you plan on tracking. I don’t remember the date code off hand.

DM with any other questions. Thanks!

-Erik

Last edited by -REV-; 07-05-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:54 PM
UPDATE:

I’ve had some interest but no one’s pulled the trigger yet. Car will be listed on PCar next week unless it sells over the weekend. I’ll update again with a link when that goes live.

-Erik

Old 07-08-2022, 07:46 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Sorry, but links to auction sites are not permitted…however, you can post which auction site it is on and when it goes live.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:35 AM
Update: Car is going live on PCar today. Thanks for your interest thus far!

-Erik