Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

BRAND NEW, Never Used, GMG Racing 996 Turbo / GT2 WC-GT Crossover Exhaust / Muffler.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
BRAND NEW, Never Used, GMG Racing 996 Turbo / GT2 WC-GT Crossover Exhaust / Muffler.

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price: $4000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I bought this direct from GMG Racing this past June, Fabryce who is always on this board and who is also the big boss of GMG Racing can confirm this.

The exhaust has been sitting in its box all of this time, I have never assembled it, I have not taken off the wrapping, the only time the box was opened was at GMG Racing when Fabryce showed me to make sure everything was there.

I am selling this exhaust because I will eventually get a 997 Turbo and this exhaust is only for 996 Turbos / GT2's, all years, 2001-2005. If you do not know who GMG Racing is, they make some of the highest quality aftermarket products for Porsches and they are a full Porsche race-team, I would always trust any product that has been race-proven.

MSRP is $4900 plus tax- http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh..._wcgt996.shtml

$4300 is what I am willing to take for something which is Brand New, I am taking a nice loss..

I prefer locals, around Los Angeles. Send me a PM for any other questions.

Thank You,
Alex

*** Added 2/13/10

I did very extensive research on exhausts last spring and here is what I came up with:

1: You must get a "Crossover" design exhaust.

2: You must get a full 3 inch exhaust.

3: GMG Racing makes some of the best aftermarket products, the only companies I find to be better are RUF, Techart, and Cargraphic, but none of them make "Crossover" exhausts, and those companies use other companies to make their exhausts in Germany which is crazy considering they run around 6-7 grand just for the name-brand.

Last edited by AlFromCalabasas; 08-13-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
I opened the crossover part / the mufflers, one catalytic converter, and one exhaust tip just to take pictures, the rest are still packed.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
nice limes. glws.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
I'm located in socal. Actually looking for a EP loud.
The GMG Crossover is a nice exhaust.
I am interested.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:07 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
How much for the wing?

Old 12-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Supercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the rough
I may be interested - let me ask my local tuner to comment on fit for my car.

Thanks,
SC

Old 12-17-2009, 10:55 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
have fabryce buy it back from you .... you haven't used it

Old 12-18-2009, 06:24 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AlFromCalabasas
I am selling this exhaust because I will eventually get a 997 Turbo and this exhaust is only for 996 Turbos / GT2's, all years, 2001-2005.Alex
Or trade with 997tt model + money. GMG should be able to do it for you.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
have fabryce buy it back from you .... you haven't used it
Trust me, that was the first thing I thought about doing, but all of the exhausts are Made-To-Order which basically means the sale is final...

-Alex

Old 01-06-2010, 05:20 AM

I'm going to go broke soon with all of this money I am loosing on new parts, .

-Alex

Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Why does the enclosed paperwork/brochure show it's a 997 exhaust? Is that just a flyer for a different system?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by leftlane
Why does the enclosed paperwork/brochure show it's a 997 exhaust? Is that just a flyer for a different system?
Just an advertisement for a different system (997), Sorry for the confusion.

-Alex

Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Bump for you -

I was at RUF today and they just finished an install of a GT2 engine in a 996TT with 120k miles. They also installed this GMG exhaust, and I was curious what it sounded like so they fired it right up for me. Pretty rough at startup, probably because they were getting it all sorted still, but once it was warmed up......oh.....my......God. This baby sounds so sweet - if I had any coin left I'd be buying it myself. RUF told me this one has much less resonance/droning than the Tubi does, and I am not exaggerating when I say I might have popped a little wood....

Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks Leftlane,

That is what exactly got me sold on this exhaust, when Fabryce fired up his 996 GT2, I said "done-deal" after 10 seconds, .

-Alex

Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Still Selling.

Thanks,
Alex

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BRAND NEW, Never Used, GMG Racing 996 Turbo / GT2 WC-GT Crossover Exhaust / Muffler.