Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2001 BMW Z8 For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 AM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
2002 BMW Z8 For Sale

Year: 2002
Make: BMW
Model: Z8
Price: $115000
Mileage: 10900
Color: silver/black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

2002 BMW Z8. under 11000 miles. Never tracked. Perfect condition. The BMW dealer here in Austin says that it’s the best one they have seen. No modifications other than factory installed performance package. We kept this car up sparing no expense.

Factory hard top, original tires, the only engine service was oil changes. Never any issues. Clear bra. Asking $115K.

email: karl@ms-tx.com

Attached Images     

Last edited by kscheible; 05-01-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2011, 11:17 PM
dspralph is on a distinguished road
wow~

Old 03-15-2011, 12:27 AM
007AMV8 has a spectacular aura about007AMV8 has a spectacular aura about
so there was frame damage?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
is it a salvage title?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:39 AM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
There was never any frame damage to the car! A quick history lesson on the Z8:

Its an all aluminum body that was engineered quite well. At the last minute BMW decided to install "run flat" tires on the car. These tires have really strong side walls. As the cars were driven a lot, the repeated jolting of the front tires over time (potholes, etc) led the the "crowning" on the strut towers. The front end of the frame would "twist."

Also, there was evidence that tracking the car would lead to the same thing. Well after 2 years of arguing, and under the threat of a class-action lawsuit, BMW relented and engineered a "performance" package upgrade for the car that reinforced the strut towers. It was a work of art, and now the cars are bullet-proof. BMW never admitted liability.

Our car never had any damage to the frame. We installed the $6,000 upgrade, ensuring the frame would lever have any issues. So in other words, the car is perfect.

This was a big issue for BMW...making international headlines.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Makes sense, sorry but the wording kind of inferred there was some structural damage to the car from an accident or something. GLWS though, beautiful car.

Originally Posted by kscheible
There was never any frame damage to the car! A quick history lesson on the Z8:

Its an all aluminum body that was engineered quite well. At the last minute BMW decided to install "run flat" tires on the car. These tires have really strong side walls. As the cars were driven a lot, the repeated jolting of the front tires over time (potholes, etc) led the the "crowning" on the strut towers. The front end of the frame would "twist."

Also, there was evidence that tracking the car would lead to the same thing. Well after 2 years of arguing, and under the threat of a class-action lawsuit, BMW relented and engineered a "performance" package upgrade for the car that reinforced the strut towers. It was a work of art, and now the cars are bullet-proof. BMW never admitted liability.

Our car never had any damage to the frame. We installed the $6,000 upgrade, ensuring the frame would lever have any issues. So in other words, the car is perfect.

This was a big issue for BMW...making international headlines.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I am finding comparable listings and I set the price too high. It's now at $115,000.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
I am finding comparable listings and I set the price too high. It's now at $115,000.
Willing to trade 997.1tt?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I cannot take a trade and I have been offered some cool stuff. The goal is to drop from 7 cars to 3. We need to do this in order to move into a city residence.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Raddy is on a distinguished road
I used to have an 01 Z8 in Topaz blue - miss it.

Does this one have the official BMW black book and all covers?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I have everything accounted for. It took me 4 hours to find the book. It was in storage...assumed lost. The only thing that I did not get was the scale model.

The hard top has only been on the car once. The CD player and cell phone, never used.

Someone will like it.

Karl

Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Raddy is on a distinguished road
I cannot take a trade and I have been offered some cool stuff. The goal is to drop from 7 cars to 3. We need to do this in order to move into a city residence.
What are the remaining cars? Any other fun toys? If so, I might be interested

Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
When the RS and Z8 sell, I will reveal the next 2

Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Beautiful car! GLWS.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 AM
The car is sold. Only the RS remains.