Model: Exige
Price: $42500
Mileage: 8250
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Up for sale is my 2007 Lotus Exige S. I've owned this car for more than three years, and it has been a blast to own. The stares you get driving this car are . Unfortunately, I don't get to drive it much, largely due to the fact that my wife thinks the car is too hard to get in and out of and is "too loud". So I will be looking to replace the Lotus with something a little more refined, and a bit less race car like.

Current mileage is about 8250.

Arctic Silver Metallic with Track Pack (Limited Slip Differential, adjustable Bilstein dampers, adjustable front anti-roll bar, adjustable ride height, twin oil coolers, harness bar, defeatable traction control).

Touring Pack (interior leather, power windows, extra sound insulation, upgraded Alpine audio system with XM Satellite and MP3/iPod port) and Star Shield (invisible bra).

Trunk mounted Accusump Pressurized Oil Reservior. Schroth Profi II 4-point racing harness, Raceview Carbon Fiber mirrors, Safecraft polished fire extinguisher, front tow hook, Lotus 111R rear badge. Lotus Stage II exhaust.

There are no scratches or door dings on this car, and there are only a couple minor rock chips. Extremely clean inside and out, Always garaged (this was my baby!). Runs perfect.

Asking $42,500.00 obo.

I'm in Riverside, CA.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car. If I weren't also trying to go for something less racy I'd be all over that. It must be a blast to drive. GLWS

Old 12-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Rob T is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carbon
Nice car. If I weren't also trying to go for something less racy I'd be all over that. It must be a blast to drive. GLWS
Thanks. It is a blast to drive. Also:

SOLD

Old 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
That is a beautiful car, with great options and add-ons. Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a great great car.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Verde
That is a beautiful car, with great options and add-ons. Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a great great car.
Thanks.

The car sold 3 days after I made the original post (four days after it first went on the market).

I now own a Porsche Boxster Spyder.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 PM
GODS951 is on a distinguished road
Sad you had to let the Exige S go .....

On the other hand, post pics of the Boxster Spyder!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by GODS951
Sad you had to let the Exige S go .....

On the other hand, post pics of the Boxster Spyder!!!
I loved my Exige, and it will always be remembered as a very special car, but the race car nature of it made it to impractical to continue enjoying it. I.e. taking it to Vegas with my wife wouldn't even be a possibility. The Spyder on the other hand....much smoother yet still handles fantastic, and it has a trunk in the front...........AND back!

Unfortunately SoCal has been drenched with rain since Friday, so haven't been able to drive it much. Here are a couple pics I took in the garage:

Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 PM
GODS951 is on a distinguished road
Sweet spyder! Nice to see you have her tucked in the garage, away from all this rain we've been getting. I've been in SoCal all my life & I don't remember ever having "non-stop" rain like this...

p.s. It may be time to switch that Lotus banner to a Porsche banner or you can keep it up in remembrance of the ol' Lotus. Congrats & enjoy her in good health!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by GODS951
Sweet spyder! Nice to see you have her tucked in the garage, away from all this rain we've been getting. I've been in SoCal all my life & I don't remember ever having "non-stop" rain like this...

p.s. It may be time to switch that Lotus banner to a Porsche banner or you can keep it up in remembrance of the ol' Lotus. Congrats & enjoy her in good health!
Thanks for the comments. Funny you mention the banner. I was looking at the pic earlier today and thought the same thing, so I went on Ebay and already ordered the Porsche banner!

I need to change my avatar too.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:32 PM
DTM LGND is on a distinguished road
Nice move! I'm envious, Spyder looks fantastic! Bet Exige was fun in the twisties! Surely the Spyder will not disappoint.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
TMH
TMH is on a distinguished road
Being a prior Elise owner and a current Spyder drooler, my hat is off to you sir, good taste

Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by DTM LGND
Nice move! I'm envious, Spyder looks fantastic! Bet Exige was fun in the twisties! Surely the Spyder will not disappoint.
Originally Posted by TMH
Being a prior Elise owner and a current Spyder drooler, my hat is off to you sir, good taste
Thanks guys. Yep, loved the Exige's handling, but the Spyder handles great too, and does so with much more refinement.

But damn this rain in SoCal! How long can this last?