Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

GTR Deposit, anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Josh_co is on a distinguished road
I would appreciate the contact info if the car is still avaliable ehaser1.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
ehaser1 is on a distinguished road
Sorry... I called this morning and they just "raised" to 20 k above MSRP...

Complete crap...Sorry guys..

Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Angry

Complete crap
You can say that again,..

Old 05-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned
oc6speed is on a distinguished road
Supply and demand is a strong force young Skywalker.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Porsche951S will become famous soon enough
Strong for an Oversize Subaru/Evo

Ridiculous..

911TT/ M6 FTW

Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Yugo is on a distinguished road
SnD for pretty much every new sports car. Markups are for people who have huge egos, way rich that it doesn't matter, and for financially clueless individuals. Patients is pretty much the game for average joe here.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:59 PM
edl
edl is on a distinguished road
I got on an interest list in Utah at MSRP, they're going to have 3 Skylines arrive in fall, and will draw names to determine who gets them. Pretty fair deal to me.

Only catch - you have to have a Utah address.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 AM
997GT3NM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ngoldrich
Best deal I found was $12K over msrp - anyone knwo any any better deals out there?

Thanks,
Norm

I guess I was dumb not to take a slot at my dealer here in Albuquerque about 2 or 3 months ago. they had a total of 5 slots and only 2 spoken for; all at MSRP. The car just goes against almost everything I believe in. I have a 997 GT3, but I really love the Lotus Elise and Exige; wanna guess why I don't like the GTR? I don't care if it has 700 hp and can pull 1.3 G's in a corner, I'm still not interested. My GT3 is way too heavy already; I hate weight and electronic gadgetry and driver aids. Sorry to be negative, but I'm just mad that I don't have a deposit on one at MSRP! Oh well.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:30 AM
997GT3NM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cohenfive
in contrast to most 'hot' cars this one seems like it will stay tight on supply and price for a while....it's pretty cheap for what it is, nissan and all. personally i don't like the looks and wish it had a sunroof, but from a performance/engineering standpoint it's pretty good value for money spent.
You wish it had a sunroof; I'm sorry, but that is the funniest thing I have read in a while. The M3 can now be had without a sunroof and a CF roof (bravo) and us regular GT3 owners hate Porsche for making us get a sunroof. And here we have this unbelievebaly overweight, techno-wiz, gadget, who knows what the real HP is, but highly sought after car that has finally made it to the US and you wish it had a friggen sunroof. OMFG, unbelieveable! It is people like you why I have that worthless piece of cr@p slit that does nothing anyway but add weight at the hightest point in my car, in my god damn GT3. That's it, I will buy that RS for sure now.

Unbelieveable; I wish it had a sunroof! I cannot believe I just read that.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 AM
supac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 997GT3NM
You wish it had a sunroof; I'm sorry, but that is the funniest thing I have read in a while. The M3 can now be had without a sunroof and a CF roof (bravo) and us regular GT3 owners hate Porsche for making us get a sunroof. And here we have this unbelievebaly overweight, techno-wiz, gadget, who knows what the real HP is, but highly sought after car that has finally made it to the US and you wish it had a friggen sunroof. OMFG, unbelieveable! It is people like you why I have that worthless piece of cr@p slit that does nothing anyway but add weight at the hightest point in my car, in my god damn GT3. That's it, I will buy that RS for sure now.

I thoroughly enjoyed this rant. And I completely agree.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:15 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yugo
SnD for pretty much every new sports car. Markups are for people who have huge egos, way rich that it doesn't matter, and for financially clueless individuals. Patients is pretty much the game for average joe here.
Wow, you just insulted half the guys on here. Also, spelling is your friend. Go get your learn on and come back.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
edl
edl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by supac
I thoroughly enjoyed this rant. And I completely agree.
+1. Sports cars need to get under 3000 lbs again...we don't need 19" wheels, 15" brakes, and 500+ hp.

Just make it smaller and lighter!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 PM
rupertaker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche951S
Strong for an Oversize Subaru/Evo

Ridiculous..

911TT/ M6 FTW
Wow..

Haha. Not even going to bother.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
+1....

Old 05-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Porsche951S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rupertaker
Wow..

Haha. Not even going to bother.

Better you dont,

The GTR has the same hype as a Evo Rs, or a Subaru STI, with all its fancy gizmos.. Its just the oversized brother of them, but it really falls in the same plane.. I love the car and would like to have one as well for what it can do, but in the end, ill feel like I bought a hyped up Jap car with a bunch of electronic stuff and the body of a 350z..

Sure a M6 isnt as savvy, and a 997 TT out of the box falls short of the same performance, but a tuned 997TT will hold its ground just as well against a tuned GTR and look Always much better....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.