Location (State):

Item Condition:

I would like to Guage interest in a RUF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 12:18 AM
///M is on a distinguished road
I would like to Guage interest in a RUF

I have been importing a few diffrent cars other than the usual(JDM cars) and i would like to see just how many ppl would like to own any RUF or Porsche from another country. This will go one in the same for BMW and a few other select car manufacturers.
I am NOT certain at the time just what i can legalize fast or if i can legalize at all. the JDM cars are going over like candy, so i would hope that the European cars will as well. No true reason why they should not, unless there is a new legalization chapter that has been passed without my knowledge...
Just post up some suggestions. I am posting this in for sale because i know not where it should be.
Sooo... SUGGEST AWAY!!!

my alt mail addy stlsportscars@yahoo.com

Old 07-08-2004, 12:35 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
to my knowledge there are no RUF cars that are not legal and available here. What am i missing?

I'm not in the market for an imported car, but if i were i'd want a TVR.

-Steve

Old 07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by offroadr35
to my knowledge there are no RUF cars that are not legal and available here. What am i missing?

I'm not in the market for an imported car, but if i were i'd want a TVR.

-Steve
Just a guage of interest for imported cars. TVR's are not that bad of a turnaround to legalize.
I was undre the impression that there were a few RUF models that were not available over here, but i see that may be wrong.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 AM
The research i have done says there is no RUF dealer or individual available in the US at the moment. I may be looking in all the wrong places though.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:04 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
wiessach in vancover

Old 07-08-2004, 01:22 AM
Ah i see now. my appologies. still open for requests.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Ruf does not need dealers

At least that has been my experience. I bought my factory built Ruf turbo directly from Alois. Several of my friends have done the same thing. If and when I need service I call or e_mail and Ruf takes care of business.

Cheers,

R

Old 07-08-2004, 02:05 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
out of curiosity, how much would it cost to get a street legal TVR T440R or T350? How legal is it? To be honest i'm not a terribly serious buyer at this point but it's something that i would possibly consider in the future and at the very least i am interested in learning about it.

Feel free to PM me or email at offroadr35@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by SteveH; 07-08-2004 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by offroadr35
out of curiosity, how much would it cost to get a street legal TVR T440R or T350? How legal is it? To be honest i'm not a terribly serious buyer at this point but it's something that i would possibly consider in the future and at the very least i am interested in learning about it.

Feel free to PM me or email at offroadr35@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Steve
At the Auctions, there was a T350, and FULLY U.S.legal it would be no more than 45000 USD but i am not sure as to how long it will take to legalize.. that is my price pending the auction prices and currency conversion do not change drastically, which it should not. THere were no T440 Tuscans at the auction.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT3 RS

What about a GT3RS? Just curious if you have access to them and cost after legalization.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Re: GT3 RS

Originally posted by NelsonF
What about a GT3RS? Just curious if you have access to them and cost after legalization.
Ill have an answer Saturday. Auctions over! ill pm it to ya.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:10 AM
Re: Ruf does not need dealers

Originally posted by Ruf-Racer
At least that has been my experience. I bought my factory built Ruf turbo directly from Alois. Several of my friends have done the same thing. If and when I need service I call or e_mail and Ruf takes care of business.

Cheers,

R
Than I must meet this person soon. That is if it is possible...

Old 07-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
What could you get an R34 Skyline GTR for? I heard one company charged $95,000 for it...definitely not worth the money.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Porscheboy16
What could you get an R34 Skyline GTR for? I heard one company charged $95,000 for it...definitely not worth the money.
That is where i am literally appauled of the price gauging there, the avg auction price for one goes around 25-32 grand(thats converted to US), then there is an auction agent fee if you do not go of 110k Yen. Then legalization is only another 14-16, so that tallies up to 54k AT THE MOST...where motorex gets their figures is of no clue to me.
For an R34 GTR Vspec usually around 46-50,000 USD. FULLY Legal.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:16 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
Jeff:
what about Tommy Kaira ZZII?????
also known as the Autobacs RS-01 for now...
if that car can be legalized in US, I'm pretty interested in purchasing one sometimes next year...
but i've been searching around for that car's pricing and etc...and there wasn't many info available so far...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I would like to Guage interest in a RUF