Squeaking PCCBs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:45 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Squeaking PCCBs

My PCCBs just started squeaking at low speeds and light pressure. Anybody heard of this and why?

Old 02-15-2017, 08:27 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
had it in my 2014. was told it was normal when brakes are cold..

Old 02-15-2017, 10:02 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
My metal brakes used to squeak. My dealer's service dept calls that a feature.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:06 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Go track your car. The squeaking will go away, but If you glaze the pads, the sounds is much worse.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
This raises question do these brakes require bedding ?..I had to bed my carbon ceramic brakes on my ZR1...ended up heating the hell out of them with no noticeable performance gain..brakes got so hot the pads turned white and the wheels temporarily turned blue (cleaned off)..this procedure completed as per owners manual

Old 02-16-2017, 09:58 AM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
CCB's generally have a specific 'burnishing' procedure that needs to be carried out in order for the rotors and pads to work together for maximum effectiveness. It will also markedly decrease the tendency towards 'squealing'. Look for it in the owner's manual.

You can also try multiple stops from around 80mph down to 5 mph; this normally helps also. Just don't engage the ABS.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:36 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Just to clarify the car has 22k miles and they've never squeaked or squealed before. I was thinking maybe it was a sign of them wearing out. I've never tracked it but do drive aggressively regularly. I will try some long stops and see if that works.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:04 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
If you don't track the car, and if the rotors don't get physically damaged they should last the life of the car essentially. Not the pads; just the rotors.

The stops need to be from high speed down to a low speed of 5-10 mph in as short a time as possible, but without engaging the ABS. Do 4-5 of those and then drive around for a few minutes without touching the brakes to allow everything to cool down.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:07 PM
I did that on the way home this afternoon so we'll see next time I drive.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
It can get annoying. I haven't experienced any squeaking in my 991 but it only has 4K miles.My 997.2 squeaked after 25k miles and a pad change. After doing a bed-in procedure it tends to go away. But I still get random squeaks. It's rare now but maybe an attribute of higher mileage PCCBs.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:55 PM
the burn in didn't change anything. still squeaking. mostly I notice it when the car is cold, although it hasn't been that cold out. but I hear it a lot more when I first start up and am pulling out of a parking lot or driveway, etc. I don't notice it after a drive when I'm pulling into somewhere, but that could just be not paying as much attention to it.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Maybe a good cleaning might help ?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Just talked to a guy who's owned 44 Porsches. He asked me if the PCCBs squeak with no prompting. Lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.