Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Navigation Update - Volvo 31427789 1520

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 11:42 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Navigation Update - Volvo 31427789 1520

Good evening, I am at a dead end with my bricked Navigation unit, and I was wondering if anybody has a genuine Volvo update disc 31427789 1520 that they could part ways with, or maybe lend so I can complete the update?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks everybody.

Old 05-19-2023, 04:16 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EJ_Rapide
Good evening, I am at a dead end with my bricked Navigation unit, and I was wondering if anybody has a genuine Volvo update disc 31427789 1520 that they could part ways with, or maybe lend so I can complete the update?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks everybody.
if you search volvo forums you will find vomments about many of the eBay discs will brick your nav system and then you may need another 'start up disc' to try and clear out your system...

I bought my disc from volvo in 2018... the latest updates are 2015-2017.

Can you manually close your screen and then just pull thy power from it to keep it from coming up? Not sure how the MOST ring works but did you try to disconnect the Nav drive from the MOST ring and bypass it completly?

Old 05-19-2023, 06:38 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I might have a genuine Volvo disc that I bought for my 2007 Vantage. Needless to say it does not work on my car. I was going to return it for a refund, but would let you have it for my cost.
I will check the part number and get back to you.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:03 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Just checked the part number on the Volvo Navigation
31427789 1520

See attached pic
I have sent you a PM for your address if you want me to send it to you

Old 05-19-2023, 11:52 AM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
PM sent. Thanks!

Old 05-24-2023, 07:38 PM
For the life of me, I can't update the Nav system, and I have used 3 different discs!
Always the same "can't read disc" error message...
Now I am starting to either doubt the version I should be using, or my DVD unit itself...
Anybody knows how to do a "factory" or "hard" reset on the DVD player?
Do I have to make both battery leads touch for 3-5 minutes?

Old 05-25-2023, 02:40 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Frustating to experience this!

I had an issue years back on my 2004 DB9 when I updated to (from memory) Volvo 2015 RTI discs into my then 2010 RTI version: same read-failure over and over again that you are experiencing as well. As a result I 'downgraded' to Volvo 2012 RTI discs which I got rar-files off from the internet with low-burn speed instructions on special DVD-R discs and they managed to fix the system with a working one again.

Now, my 2012 RTI files I downloaded were for EUROPE so they are of not much help to you but I guess you may be able to find similar files for North America perhaps online? Again my case appeared to be very similar to what you are experiencing.

Old 05-31-2023, 11:08 PM
User 32124 is an unknown quantity at this point
@EJ_Rapide I take it you didn't get disc 31427789 1520 to work for you? I was just about to try your path out for my similar situation....

Old 06-02-2023, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Khiladi1020
@EJ_Rapide I take it you didn't get disc 31427789 1520 to work for you? I was just about to try your path out for my similar situation....
None of the discs I have tried so far have been working...
I am now trying to "downgrade" to a previous version to at least get the Nav running, and then try and upgrade again. Ugh!

Old 06-03-2023, 01:38 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Did you try disconnecting the Nav drive from the MOST ring?

Old 08-19-2023, 02:01 PM
It worked!
I had to learn Swedish to be able to browse the Volvo forums, but I finally got a disc to load the maps.
Now I am updated to the latest available maps (from what I've read...).
Anyone needing help, please PM me, I might be able to help you.
Thanks again!

Old 08-19-2023, 06:27 PM
It worked!
I had to learn Swedish to be able to browse the Volvo forums, but I finally got a disc to load the maps.
Thanks again!

post the instrctions and where you got the files... thanks!

Old 08-21-2023, 01:10 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Brilliant! Great to hear you got it working again :-)

Old 08-22-2023, 12:17 PM
Tashakes is on a distinguished road
Why not upgrade to CarPlay/Auto? I just installed Navtool kit in the Rapide and love it. I added reverse and front cameras too.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0883.JPEG
Views:	14
Size:	661.7 KB
ID:	545029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0884.JPEG
Views:	19
Size:	736.9 KB
ID:	545030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0881.JPEG
Views:	19
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	545031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0882.JPEG
Views:	14
Size:	784.6 KB
ID:	545032  
Old 11-02-2023, 05:22 AM
fenflame is an unknown quantity at this point
It worked!
Thanks again!

Hi, I'm new on here, so have no access to PM's just yet.

I am in exactly the same bind that you were. I have a 2009 V8V where a ripped version of 31427789 1520 was used in an attempt to update the nav system. It is now in the constant loop of attempting to update every time I start the car and having to use the back button to get it to drop back in to the old version.
I've been trying to find an original disc on ebay and else where. I even spent $200 on newer genuine discs from Volvo but because it was in the middle of a different update, I can't use them yet.
Please could you say where you got the disc from and if its possible from me to get out of this situation.

Thanks !!

Last edited by fenflame; 11-02-2023 at 08:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Navigation Update - Volvo 31427789 1520