Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Coil Over Suspension question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 05:48 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Coil Over Suspension question.

So, I can get fast road/track coil overs for my car and priced quite reasonable.
The question is, would it cause a bunch of errors and warning lights?
​If so, can the warnings be removed.
If I fit aftermarket seats as well, my dash board will look like a Christmas Tree on steroids.
Who else had ditched the air for coil overs?
Thanks,
Frank

Old 03-28-2024, 12:21 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Frank - this kind of mod must come in a form of conversion kit which includes special module to deal with the faults etc.

Old 03-28-2024, 04:53 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sazam
Frank - this kind of mod must come in a form of conversion kit which includes special module to deal with the faults etc.
Thanks Sazam
​​I checked back in the Forum history and found a few posts but nothing conclusive.
​​I havent found any coil over suppliers that offer the module.

Old 03-29-2024, 05:56 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Frank ( Sunnyside )
Thanks Sazam
​​I checked back in the Forum history and found a few posts but nothing conclusive.
​​I havent found any coil over suppliers that offer the module.
@Frank ( Sunnyside ) - the kits can have module included or you need to buy one separately. Depends who is the vendor and how they sell it.

Arnotts example for mercedes:

https://frsport.com/products/arnott-industries-air-spring-to-coil-spring-conversion-kit-c-3185?variant=41567063179416&gad_source=1&gclid=EAI aIQobChMIlbuP7q-ZhQMVIl2RBR12Ww4tEAQYAiABEgJMMvD_BwE

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-15-2024 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:13 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
@Frank ( Sunnyside ) - the kits can have module included or you need to buy one separately. Depends who is the vendor and how they sell it.

Arnotts example for mercedes:

https://frsport.com/products/arnott-...iABEgJMMvD_BwE
Maybe on a GM truck. Not so simple on a B.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:24 AM
you can find for audi or vw phaeton ... some vendors provide modules and they suggest to contact them to confirm they will handle given brand/model or not.

Old 03-29-2024, 10:25 AM
you can find for audi or vw phaeton ... some vendors provide modules and they suggest to contact them to confirm they will handle given brand/model or not.
Thank you.

Old 04-15-2024, 04:26 AM
unigenitus is an unknown quantity at this point
Just thought I would add: changed my air suspension for coil last year (Strutmasters). The service was quite efficient and I received it in Hong Kong without issue.

Since having them installed, I would say the feel has been decent. Not quite air suspension of course, but reasonable. And the lack of constant anxiety about the air suspension is priceless!

However I did not have the software adjusted and it does beep. Not too big an issue for me but I guess others will have different requirements.

Old 04-27-2024, 06:55 AM
sharako is an unknown quantity at this point
I put coilovers on my Bentley..

Hello! I put coilovers on mine and regretted it.. I was pretty satisfied that I could drive worry free but I bottomed out a little too often.. If I had to do it again I would buy the highest quality coilovers... Other than that the level fault light isnt hard to get rid of. Some coilover kits include a module that you plug in to trick the car.. You can also have it deleted with a computer.