2005 porsche 911 carrera S, Selector lever not engaged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Vvt35 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 porsche 911 carrera S, Selector lever not engaged

My stereo wont turn on and car wont start, as soon as i turn on the ignition fan starts working under left fender and selector lever not engaged comes on the desplay... Anyone have an answer what could be the problem? Have new battery installed same thing.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:44 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vvt35
My stereo wont turn on and car wont start, as soon as i turn on the ignition fan starts working under left fender and selector lever not engaged comes on the desplay... Anyone have an answer what could be the problem? Have new battery installed same thing.
Not much to go on.

My first thought is "ignition switch". Maybe wiggling the key or pushing in or tugging it to one side as you turn on the ignition can affect the car's electrical systems. If so this suggests the switch is bad.

Second thought is water in the cabin. Check along the door bottoms for dampness. Check under the seats for any signs of moisture. Check the body water drains for blockage.

Last thought is mice have been at the car.

Fortunately you are near Niello Porsche in Rocklin. A very good dealer is my experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.