So you are wondering what happened to your photobucket pics?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:39 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
So you are wondering what happened to your photobucket pics?

This is from Nolan at Internet Brands

Community organizers,
Photobucket has made an update in the past 24 hours that forces users to pay to display their images on a third-party site.

You may see forum threads that were previously filled with images for builds, DIY, etc. now show this same image:
(Image won't copy but it basically asks users to pay to share photos)

The new plan asks that users pay for a Photobucket Plus 500 subscription for $399 per year.

Here are some additional details from PCMAG:
https://www.pcmag.com/g00/news/35471...s-the-internet

I wanted to send this notice out as some users across the communities have been confused and asked why we are trying to charge them $400 to see thread images. This is not a change on our end, this is simply an unfortunate update from Photobucket.

Encourage users to host images locally in our gallery or through attachments.

The photos can still be found and saved locally from Photobucket by the original uploader or anyone can use tools like the Internet Archive below to find a cached copy of the thread and save the images to rebuild any broken threads:
https://archive.org/web/

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns that come up.

I hope all is well and Happy 4th of July to all those in the US!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-30-2017 at 04:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.